Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Related Articles (iRelated) displays related articles to Joomla articles. Quickly increase your readers' engagement with your articles by adding Ideal Related Articles inside your content.

Product Page

Do I have to insert related articles manually?

9 years 8 months ago #17668 by serbuiuc
Hi there,

Just prchased the plugin and I'm quite surprised. It seems I have to insert related articles manually.

Isn't it supposed to work in an automatic way? Otherwise I have to go through a thousand of articles to do that and that is not what I want.

Kind regards,
Sergey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #17669 by douglas
Dear Sergey,

This component/plugin was designed to allow you to easily insert related articles manually.
Why manually? Because the automatic ways available were not very reliable.

What I can do is create an option to do it automatically IF the current article has no related articles;
How does that sounds?

Best regards,

9 years 8 months ago #17670 by douglas
Dear Sergey,

I have just created this feature for you.
Now you can choose whether to display the manually selected related articles, let the plugin choose automatically (based on keywords) or mix the related articles (manually + automatically), which is useful if you decide to display more items than you have manually selected;

Please keep in mind that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

All the best,

9 years 8 months ago #17674 by serbuiuc
Dear Douglas,

This is ok now. Thank you.

But I stil have some issues to be resolved:

1. The text alignent is not ok as you can see on the picture. Is it possible to change alignment somehow? I'm not good at CSS.
2. The text position is within the first half of the block as if there are two though I have assigned one column and one article in it.

I will be greatful for your help.

Regards,
Sergey
Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #17675 by douglas
Dear Sergey,

1. Can you please provide a direct link, so I can take a closer look?
2. With iRelated you have two layout options, (1) block and (2) floating. You seem to be using the block option or auto option. You can change this in the plugin options;

Best regards,

9 years 8 months ago #17676 by serbuiuc
Yes, here is the link liniya-zdorovya.ru/diety/zdoro...orye-ne-svyazany-s-pokhudeniem

And if I change to floating it will go right but I don't want this. What I want is that the article title was one row in this case.

9 years 8 months ago #17677 by douglas
Dear Sergey,

I have changed it and send the file to your email.

Best regards,

9 years 8 months ago #17679 by serbuiuc
Dear Douglas,

It works fine.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Sergey