Why do I get an error when trying to upload a file?
- Hits: 1639
Help us improve the documentation page and Win a free copy of BB Flashback PRO*
This can be due two main reasons:
- The [Joomla]/tmp/ folder is unwritable; (most likely)
- The file size is bigger than your php memory usage limit;
Change the permitions of the [Joomla]/tmp/ folder:
- You can use an FTP client, a web file manager or change it via SSH;
Change the memory_limit:
- Locate the php.ini file used by your web server. You can use the
phpinfo()PHP function to find it. You can find this info at Help -> System Info from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation, under the PHP Innformation tab;
- Edit the memory_limit parameter in the php.ini file (usually in a section called Resource Limits). Example:
memory_limit = 32M ; #Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)
If there is no section already for this, place the above line at the end of the file;
- Restart Apache.