Enabling iCaptcha Plugin
- Written by Trevor
- Hits: 1677
Help us improve the documentation page and Win a free copy of BB Flashback PRO*
Please follow these steps:
- Contact Enhanced already installs the Captcha plugin automatically. If for some reason it was not installed you need to download the free CAPTCHA plugin from our download page;
- Install the plugin using Joomla installer, and then enable in the Plugin Manager;
- Go to Extensions -> Plugin manager, search for "CAPTCHA" and choose which captcha library you want to use (SecurImage, reCAPTCHA or MathGuard). If you choose a library other than reCAPTCHA, please jump to step 6;
- You will see that the reCAPTCHA requires two API keys. To get these keys you need to create an account at the reCAPTCHA website (http://recaptcha.net);
- After registration at the reCAPTCHA website, you will be taken to a page where you can create the two keys that you need.
- Inserted the two keys into the plugin fields;
- Joomla 1.5: Ensure that CAPTCHA is enabled in the 'Parameters' section of the Contact Enhanced Manager;
- Now the CAPTCHA system is ready to go, and will appear on your contact page;
Please note that in Joomla 1.5 the CAPTCHA plugin only appears to non-registred members of your website, so if you are and administrator, for example, you must log out to view it on your contact page.
Written by Trevor and updated by Douglas