Installation and basic features
- Hits: 2352
Most most users will be able to use the Automated Installation procedure:
- Select Help → System Info from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation, then click on the Directory Permissions tab and make sure the all direcotries listed are writable.
- Download the extension to your local machine as a zip or gz file package.
- From the backend of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions -> Install/Uninstall.
- Click the Browse button and select the extension package on your local machine.
- Click the Upload File & Install button.
There are some situations in which this procedure will not work and you will have to install manually:
- Sometimes you cannot use the automated installer. Contact Enhance has almost 1Mb and may exceed the maximum upload size allowed by your host.
- Also, If you see an error like this:
Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): ...
this is because of a restriction of your hosting account which leads Joomla! to try to check if the root directory exists. You will not be able to use the automated installer.
First, unzip all of the files locally. Then transfer the files (using FTP) to a folder in the install directory (for example [Joomla]/tmp/contact_enhanced/) . Then use the installer, but select "install from directory" indicating the correct folder name. This folder name should be an absolute path from the root of the filesystem.
Screencast by Dale