This is a short instruction on how to install Contact Enhanced extension in your Joomla installation.
To install the Contact Enhanced extension use the Extensions Installer in the Joomla administration. Go to Extensions » Install/Uninstall.
When you are facing an error during installation, it is highly recommended to try to Install from directory:
- Download the latest Contact Enhanced (CE) version and unpack all CE files to a directory on your computer;
- Using FTP, upload this directory to the /tmp directory of your Joomla installation on your webserver/
- Go to the extensions installer in the Joomla administration, use the "Install from Directory" option to set the directory of your uploaded CE files.
- Click on the Install button and Joomla will install it from the given directory.
- Joomla 2.5+
- PHP 5.2.7+
- PHPs GD extension (enabled by default in PHP 5.0+)
- PHPs SimpleXML extension (enabled by default in PHP 5.0+)
- PHPs DOM extension (enabled by default in PHP 5.0+)
- PHPs allow_url_fopen support (enabled by default in PHP 5.0+)
- Mod_rewrite for Apache for search engine friendly links (enabled by default in most web servers)
Installation Video for Joomla 1.5
Contact Enhanced is very easy to set up, but because it has so many options it might bit a bit confusing for beginners, so Bob Meetin created a cheatsheet* for the basic usage. Keep reading it!
- Purchase/license and download the latest version of Contact Enhanced (CE);
- Select Extensions → Extension Manager from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. Then select the Install menu item in the Extension manager screen that appears.
- Navigate to the Contact Enhanced zip file, select and install as you would any other Joomla extension;
- CE Component Configuration:
- Go to Components → Contact Enhanced;
- Click on the Options button on the toolbar. You don't really need to do anything other than Save it, but keep in mind that it holds all default configuration for Contact Enhanced. This settings can be overriden by the Contact's Options and the Menu Options;
- Category Configuration:
- Click on the Categories and Select New;
- Fill in minimal info to set up a default category and Save;
- You need to create a different category for each different form (then assign a contact and custom fields to that new category);
- Form Fields:
- You can add as many Form Fields as you like;
- The Name, Email, Subject and Recipient Form Field types have special behaviors;
- Every Form MUST have the Name and Email Form Field types; If you don't want to display them, then set the value and hide them;
- Read more information regarding the Form Fields in the Documentation Page.
- Contact (form) Configuration:
- Click on the Contacts tab;
- Select Contacts and then "New";
- Under Publishing Info fill set:
- Name. The full name of the Contact. Name can actually be a function or department, not a specific human being;
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Note: If the title consists of non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time, for example "2009-02-11-17-54-38".
- Linked to User. Select the User, if any, that this Contact is linked to from the drop-down list box. This allows you to link this Contact's information to a registered Joomla! User. If this Contact is not linked to a User, select "-No User-".
- Category. The Category this item belongs to.
- Under Contact Details slider set:
- Image. Image to display for this Contact. Select an image file from the drop-down list box. This lists images in the 'images/stories' folder. Images can be uploaded using the Media Manager.
- Contact's Position: The Contact's current position.
- E-mail. Assuming you selected "No User" earlier, you must enter an email address or an alias to which filled forms will be sent. Do it.
- Keep in mind that if you link to an user it will use the user's email address, even if you enter an email here;
- Address. The Contact's street address.
- City or Suburb. The Contact's town or suburb.
- State or Province. The Contact's state or county.
- Postal / ZIP Code. The Contact's postal code.
- Country. The Contact's country.
- Fill in other info as you wish; for a simple form you don't need to complete any of the other fill in fields on the left.
- Google Maps configuration (optional) - GMaps slider:
- Google Maps (GMaps) works with the address info you fill in. So fill in the next 4 fields: Street Address, Town/Suburb, State/County, and Postal Code/ZIP.
- To set Google Maps click on Maps slider and click on "Locate in map". If it does not find the address correctly then you may need to mess with the Address fields and Apply and try again OR drag the marker (pin) until you point it to the correct location;
- Click on Display Options (optional):
- Show Contact details: Allows you to display the contact details in different places. Sidebar is good unless you have a really narrow page.
- Show Map: Choose whether and where you want to display Google Maps in order to suit your preferences;
- Change the options selections to meet your needs; none really must be changed.
- Click on "Contact Form" slider (optional):
- Record messages: Whether you want to record the emails sent to this contact in the database;
- Show sidebar: Change to Right or Left if you want the contact info to display in the sidebar;
- Nothing else must be change for the form to work, so click Save;
- Go to Menus --> Menu Manager and select the Menu where you want the form to display.
- Select New button from the toolbar
- Menu Item Type: Contact Enhanced --> Single Contact Form (or other menu item type);
- Give it a Menu Title and set Parent Item.
- Contact Display Options: you can override most Contact Details configuration options;
- Page Display Options: Set a Page Title and a heading;
- Select Save;
- In the Component Configuration (item #2) set the Captcha option to your favorite Joomla core plugin captcha;
- Contact Enhanced comes with a core captcha plugin called SecurImage. It is very customizable and if you want to use it, go to Extensions --> Plugin Manager --> Captcha - SecurImage and change the options as you wish;
- Contact Enhanced Full version includes a vertical Feedback tab/button that can be displayed on the left/right of your website. To configure this button, select "System - Cefeedback";
- Make changes as necessary and save the changes;
* A cheat sheet or crib sheet is a concise set of notes used for quick reference;
This is a tutorial on how to update the Contact Enhanced extension without uninstalling and reinstalling the component.
Update Contact Enhanced
Simply choose one of two different distributions of the Contact Enhanced. The Regular Contact Enhanced, OR Contact Enhanced FULL installation package, including all available plugins and modules. Both packages include the back-end modules and the content plugin.
Now follow these steps to update your Contact Enhanced:
- First of all make a backup of your old site (files and database), so you can recover it any time.
- Download the latest Contact Enhanced version (one of the distributions from above).
- Go to the extensions installer in the Joomla administration, pick the downloaded Contact Enhanced package and click on Upload File & Install.
That's it! Now the Contact Enhanced extension, all language files and all bundled modules and plugins are updated to the latest version...
Keep in mind that any modifications to the files (PHP, CSS, Images, language, etc) may be lost. Therefore we recommend to create a full backup before the upgrade. If you want to change HTML we recommend to use Joomla's core HTML template override and use Language overrides to change the language.
When you've finished the update, clear your browser cache and the Joomla cache. To clear the Joomla cache go to the Joomla administration » Tools » Clean Cache.
If you are facing this error during installation: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in ..... on line ....." you may try to install the component from a directory as described in the Installation article.
- Google Maps directions;
- Easily display latitude and longitude of address;
- You can add any text to the balloon using a contact extrafield, including HTML .
- Show GMaps and directions inline or in a Modal (Lightbox style) window;
- Customize the Marker icon;
- Choose a language;
- Show/Hide Navigation Control;
- Using GMaps API version 3, which was designed with Mobile devices in mind, therefore loads faster;
Screencast by Goran;
Contact Enhanced →Contacts have a full range of fields (address, telephones, Skype, Social Networks, Website, Birth date), however you might need to display a Custom information. With that specific need in mind we've created the Contact Extra Fields.
The Contact Extra Fields were implemented to give the users a bit of flexibility in order to add more Contact Details (up to 10) in the Single Contact and in the Category list menu items.
You can add any data, including HTML, in ALL Extra Fields, but there is an HTML WYSIWYG Editor only for Extra Fields 1 to 4. WYSIWYG Editors take a while to load, so to save load time only 4 of them have the editor. Also, if you need to add plain text Contact info (details), please use the Extra Fields 5 through 10, because most editors automatically add a <p> tag.This fields will display below the other Contact Details.
To translate the labels go to Extensions → Language Manager :: Overrides and add New overrides for
TIP: You can also choose the content of an extra field to display in Google Maps Balloon (aka, Info Window), in case you use the maps.
In order to keep the same load time, the fields are saved to the same database table, therefore it does not allow us to implement an easier way to add labels to them, so you need to change the labels using the the Language override as explained in the Contact Edit page under the Extra Fields tab.
Help us improve the documentation page and Win a free copy of BB Flashback PRO*
How to Access
Select Components → Contact Enhanced → Custom Values from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation.
The Custom Fields Manager screen allows you to create advanced Custom Fields using the SQL custom field type;
Text: The text the user will see in the dropdown select list (required);
- Value: The text that you will get in the email (required);
Type: You can enter any value to help you to keep things organized;
Category: You can use this field as you wish; You can enter a value or select one from the list; IMPORTANT: This is not necessary related to the Contact Enhanced Categories;
Help us improve the documentation page and Win a free copy of BB Flashback PRO*
Navigate to the Contact Enhanced Manager. To add a new Contact, press the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Contact, click on the Contact's Name or click the Contact's checkbox and then click on the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you can add a Contact or edit an existing Contact. Contact Enhanced allow you to list people on your web site. They also allow users to send e-mails to those people.
Navigate to the Custom Fields Manager. To add a new Custom Field, press the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Custom Field, click on the Custom Field's Name or click the Custom Field's checkbox and then click on the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you can add a Custom Field or edit an existing one. Contact Enhanced allows you to list Custom Fields on your web site's contact forms. Contact Enhaced has the ability to allow you (site administrator) to assign custom fields to a contact category. Therefore you have to create a category before you create a custom field. Your users will be able to fill that custom field when they submit the form.
In Contact Enhanced → Contacts → Edit Contact you have the Fields: First Sort Field, Second Sort Field and Third Sort Field, which allow you to order the contacts in a List view by them. This is very useful if you want to order your contacts in a category list by Last name.
If ordering is set to Name (in the Component options, under the List tab), it will use these fields to sort the Contacts in the Category list. If they are blank it will use the Name field.Useful when you What to sort the list by Last name, but want to display the first name in the Category list view. For example, your Contact Name is John Smith, but you want to sort by last name, then in the "First Sort Field" you ad Smith and in the "Second Sort Field" you add John.
How to access
Select Components → Contact Enhanced → Custom Fields from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation.
Contact Enhaced has the ability to allow you (site administrator) to assign custom fields to a contact category. Therefore you have to create a category before you create a custom field. Your users will be able to fill that custom field when they submit the form.
Select Components → Contact Enhanced → Contacts from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation.
The Contact Enhanced Manager screen allows you to add contact information to your Joomla! site. You can enter information such as name, address, phone and e-mail. You can also link contacts to registered users. Afterwards, you can use the Menu Manager to create front-end links to the the contacts.
A QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response code) is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code) that is readable by dedicated QR barcode readers, camera telephones, and to a less common extent, computers with webcams. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded may be text, URL, or other data. Wikipedia