This Name Meaning Component, has over 4100 girls and boys names and meanings in the database, from 47 different origins (American, Arabic, French, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, ...).
It has a backend interface that makes it very easy to add new names and to edit existing ones.
- Voting system;
- Name list, Users will be able to create list of favorite names;
- Search for a name starting with, ending with, containing the searchword;
- Additional info;
- Report Incorrect name info;
- Will be able to sort items for:
- Most voted;
- Better voted;
- Most hits;
- Least hits;
- More popular (As people add to their list the name will become more popular)
- Least popular;
- Now you can enter an Unisex name;
- Better admin interface;
- Totally rewritten for Joomla!™ 1.5, assuring a higher compatibility and best coding practices;
See the demo: Name Meaning Component.
Plan for future versions:
- Multi-categories (for example, a name can be place in Hebrew and biblical name at the same time)
If you have any suggestion please add to our feature request forum.
If you have any suggestion, please do not hesitate to email it to me.
This component has a SEF plugin for Artio JoomSEF (for joomla!™ 1.0).
Modules included in the package:
- Name Search: Displays a search form with a few options;
- Random Name Origins: Show how many origins you wish to show randomly;
- Random Names: Displays randomly a number of names and meanings; (for Joomla!™ 1.0 only)
- Gender: The user can choose whether to show boys or girl names;