Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Assign a contact to multiple categories

9 years 1 month ago #18988 by wtm
Hi Douglas,
Is it possible to assign a contact to multiple categories, I have quite a few contacts that need to be in multiple categories and am finding that i have to recreate them to achieve this.
If not, could you please put this feature on the wish list. cause it is going to be a pain with a couple of thousand contacts :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #18992 by douglas
Dear wtm,

Contact Enhanced was implemented using Joomla core category system, which does not allow to assign an item to multiple categories, therefore Contacts cannot be assigned to multiple categories;

Unless I change change the category system in Contact Enhanced, which will take an incredible amount of work, it won't be possible to assign contacts to multiple categories.

What can be done is create a new menu item type to allow you to display contacts with the same tags. Will that work for you?

Best regards,

9 years 1 month ago #18996 by wtm
Hi Douglas,
Fair enough, thanks for the quick reply.
OK, on to plan B - is there any way of creating a contact category list which can be viewed by the public but they need to be registered to view the details.
Cheers
Mark

9 years 1 month ago #19001 by douglas
Dear Mark,

I've created this feature for you and I'll send the changes to your email in a few minutes....

Best regards,

9 years 1 month ago #19050 by wtm
Hi Douglas,
Excellent, I think I am getting there. The tags idea is a good one - how do I use tags in CE. I can't see the option.
Also, is it possible to create a default contact template for all new contacts. I will be advertising this website at the end of the month and I expect a quite a lot of initial registrations, as it stands I am going to have to manually add the custom fields to each one.
Cheers
Mark

9 years 1 month ago #19054 by douglas
Dear Mark,

What do you mean by "default contact template"?
CE doesn't have tags compatibility. It was just a suggestions of something that can be done.

Best regards,

9 years 1 month ago #19055 by wtm
Hi Douglas,
When a contact is created via the plugin it is a blank contact populated with the users profile info (thanks for that its great) is it possible to include the extra contact fields i require as a default. Otherwise I have to put them after the contact is created.
As to the tags idea, sorry i misunderstood your last post.
If I explain what I need to do you might have another way round it.
I need to create numerous contact lists from the same users. Some of these users will need to be in list A and some will need to be in list B and a lot of them will need to be in both.
Now we have sorted out the viewing permissions vai the menu options all I have to do is find a way to do this without creating multiple contacts of the same user.
I hope this makes sense.
regards
Mark

9 years 1 month ago #19058 by douglas
Dear Mark,

Can you create a different topic for each problem? It might be confusing for other users to read these posts in the future.

1. Yes, you can include the extra Contact Fields in the Contact Edit page, just go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Options and under the Edit tab set which fields you want to display. There's no option to add a default value for those fields, if that's what you are looking for.

2. I think I do understand your request.
There's no option to assign a contact to multiple categories, as you've asked earlier, however you can (via back-end) assign an user to multiple contacts.

Best regards,

9 years 1 day ago #19323 by MLT
Hi Douglas,

Could you also pass me on how to enable the tags feature?

Thanks
Tony

9 years 1 day ago #19325 by douglas
Dear Tony,

I haven't implemented this tag feature I've mentioned in this thread.

Best regards,

8 years 11 months ago #19548 by blue_Shift
Is there a plan to add tags in a future release?

8 years 10 months ago #19549 by douglas
Dear blue_Shift,

I'm currently working on a few other features, but I'll try to implement this feature for the next release.

Best regards,