Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Assign a contact to multiple categories

8 years 2 months ago #20922 by MLT
Hi Douglas,

Did you managed to add tagging into Contact Enhanced?

We have a scenario again where we need to assign multiple categories to the user.

Many thanks
Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #20924 by support
Dear Tony,

Yes. Each contact has an option to add Tags and you can display the contacts assigned to the tags. Just create a Tags Menu item.

Best regards,

8 years 2 months ago #21025 by wtm
Hi Douglas,
I am trying to create a contact list based on their tag. i.e Professional Trainers. Could you point me in the right direction.
Cheers
Mark

8 years 2 months ago #21029 by support
Dear Mark,

This feature works just like any other Joomla core extension. You have to assign tags to your contacts and then create a new menu item and set the Menu Item Type to Tags » Tagged Items.

Best regards,

8 years 2 months ago #21030 by wtm
Sorry Douglas, I am probably being greedy but I was hoping for A CE menu item to generate a contact list based on their tags.

8 years 2 months ago #21031 by support
Dear Mark,

Sorry to disappoint you?

Best regards,

8 years 2 months ago #21032 by wtm
:) :)
I will just have to accept that i cant always have everything I want. :(
Seriously though, is this something that could be put on the wish list or is it too big of a job?
Cheers
Mark

8 years 2 months ago #21035 by support
Dear Mark,

It requires at least 8 hours of work in order to implement it and I haven't received this request many times yet.

Best regards,

8 years 2 months ago #21037 by wtm
Hi Douglas,
Oh well, as i said earlier I cant always have what I want :laugh:
Mind you I am surprised that more folk haven't asked for this. I would have thought the ability to assign a user to multiple categories would have been on everyone's wish list.

8 years 2 months ago #21038 by support
Dear Mark,

People have asked about multiple categories, which can't really be done right now because it would require major category, contact and form fields rewrite.
I was talking about a better way to display Tagged Items.

Have a blessed week,

8 years 2 months ago #21039 by wtm
Hi Douglas,
Sorry, as usual I am not making myself clear.
I would have thought that having a "CE list contacts by tag" menu option would be a good way to get around the need for multiple categories.
Cheers
Mark

6 years 2 months ago #23845 by djmelville
Yes, I agree TOTALLY. Either a :List contacts by Tag" menu option OR, even simply to add a Tags filter to the current "List Contacts in a Category" option would be all that I need to make this work.