Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Joomla 3.6.3 - 0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

7 years 5 months ago #22368 by lt635
Hello,

I just updated a site to Joomla 3.6.3 and the contact page with Contact Enhanced displays the error '0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error', the page is brokes.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #22369 by support
Dear lt635,

I cannot reproduce this error locally.
Can you save the Form Fields again in order to see if the problem goes away?
Can you please disable all of them and enabled each one at the time in order to find out which Form Field is causing this issue? Reload the Contact page every time you enable a Form Field.

If it doesn't can you please provide a list of the Form Fields you have for this category?

Best regards,

7 years 5 months ago #22370 by lt635
Dear Douglas,

Thank you for your quick reply and sorry about the quick message, hit panic button.....

I did a search, and it looks like Joomla 3.6.3 has caused some issues here and there. I set the site to debug, please see attached image.

I will try your suggestions.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene
Attachments:

7 years 5 months ago #22371 by support
Dear lt635,

That's alright. I understand the panic reason! ;-)

I cannot reproduce this error locally, that's why I believe it is related to the Form Fields, specially after the call stack you've provided.

Can you save the Form Fields again in order to see if the problem goes away?

Can you please disable all of them and enabled each one at the time in order to find out which Form Field is causing this issue? Reload the Contact page every time you enable a Form Field.

If it doesn't can you please provide a list of the Form Fields you have for this category?

Best regards,

7 years 5 months ago #22372 by lt635
Dear Douglas,

When I disabled all of them I just got the error '500 - Custom Fields not found'.

If I try to click into one of the Form Fields I get the following error, with the option to return to control panel:

An error has occurred.
0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

Kind regards
Lene

7 years 5 months ago #22373 by lt635
Dear Douglas,

Attached is an image of the form fields used. It is just a basic contact form.

It seems to affect all fields, have tried to unpublish them all and then publish one, tried that on a couple of them with no result.

Kind regards
Lene
Attachments:

7 years 5 months ago #22374 by lt635
Dear Douglas,

Guess what.... I unpublished all fields and created a new field and the page came back. I will create all new fields and test and hopefully this will fix the issue for now. I will test the update later on my localhost and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Hopefully this issue is sorted. I understand it is late for you. I will report on how it goes.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

7 years 5 months ago #22375 by retoturnverein
Hi,

I get the same error on our site after updating to Joomla 3.6.3!
I had Contact Enhanced 3.6 first, now 3.6.2. Still the same error.

Any idea?
Reto
Attachments:

7 years 5 months ago #22376 by support
Dear Reto,

I cannot reproduce this issue locally.
Can you please Export your Form Fields and send it to me?
Go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Form Fields, select your form fields and click on the Export to CSV file button.

I'll contact you by email, so you can keep your information private.

Best regards,

7 years 5 months ago #22379 by ricod
dear support. i've got a similar problem on the following site -> firefighters-gesucht.ch/kontak...feuerwehr-bachenbuelach-winkel
it's just showing error 0. this tool is user for several contacts on that site and this needs to be fixed asap. can you help me on this? thank you. rico

7 years 5 months ago #22380 by ricod

ricod wrote: dear support. i've got a similar problem on the following site -> firefighters-gesucht.ch/kontak...feuerwehr-bachenbuelach-winkel
it's just showing error 0. this tool is user for several contacts on that site and this needs to be fixed asap. can you help me on this? thank you. rico

It's not a similar problem it is the same one -> firefighters-gesucht.ch/test-rd

7 years 5 months ago #22381 by support
Dear ricod,

I'm having a very hard time to reproduce this error locally. Can you please Export your Form Fields and send it to me?
Go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Form Fields, select your form fields and click on the Export to CSV file button.

I'll send you an email in a minute, so you can send the csv file to me.

Best regards,