Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Joomla 3.6.3 - 0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

7 years 5 months ago #22382 by atbazso
Hi Support,

I've got the same error message after updating my site to the latest version. I have the basic form field set up only. This must be a glitch in the new Joomla version.
Can you please suggest any solution as I'm in the middle of project with this form and I cannot seem to be able to downgrade Joomla at this stage.

Thank you!
Kind Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #22383 by support
Greetings,

We were able to reproduce this issue locally and we're working on a fix. I'll update this thread as soon as we release a fix for this issue.

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: john-sippel

7 years 5 months ago #22384 by boillat

lt635 wrote: Dear Douglas,

Guess what.... I unpublished all fields and created a new field and the page came back. I will create all new fields and test and hopefully this will fix the issue for now. I will test the update later on my localhost and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Hopefully this issue is sorted. I understand it is late for you. I will report on how it goes.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Same issue for me ... and same fix (some field has to be suppressed and to be recreated )
Hoping that a another will be found, because I have a lot of website to update ... and cannot afford to recreate all these fields !!!

7 years 5 months ago #22385 by john-sippel
Help...luckily I didn't update more than a couple sites, but the one I did has all types of custom fields. YIKES.

Wonder why deleting and redoing the fields works?

7 years 5 months ago #22386 by support
Greetings to all,

I've just released a new version with the fix. Please go to My Account -> My Downloads and download the latest CE version, then create a backup and install it.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best wishes,
The following user(s) said Thank You: john-sippel

7 years 5 months ago #22387 by tapiochre
Hi Douglas

Good work. I was watching this thread as I too saw CE Pro pages throwing the JSON error. The immediate workround was to grab a copy of /libraries/vendor from a J! 3.6.2 build and replace the 3.6.3 folder with that one. The J! forums referred to malformed JSON stuff which I didn't fully understand but I didn;t want to throw a bad light on anything so waited for your response on this topic.

I can confirm that 3.6.3 (coincidental naming) of CE Pro runs sweetly on J3.6.3

Good man!

Chris

7 years 5 months ago #22389 by support
Dear Chris,

Thanks for confirming the fix works. ;-)

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

7 years 5 months ago #22402 by adiehm
I have downloaded CE 3.6.3 just now and installed it - This seems to resolve the "error decoding JSON Data:Sytax error" but the resulting CE form has no form fields

I get the contact details but nothing after that

Attachments:

7 years 5 months ago #22403 by support
Dear adiehm,

That's most likely a different issue.

Can you please make sure the "Show Contact Form" options is set to Show in the Component Options under the Contact Form tab?
Can you please save the Component Options again, even if it is configured correctly? Just to make sure the Component Options are saved correctly.

If the problem persists, can you please create a full backup and provide FTP access, so I can take a closer look? You can send the credentials using the Support -> Contact Form.

Best regards,

7 years 5 months ago #22404 by SpydrSS
Hi,
I had the same issue yesterday, It gets fixed once you add the map api in the configuration of CE. Not sure why this blocks the form, but it does.

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Stanley Rieck

7 years 5 months ago #22405 by adiehm
I found that after installing CE 3.6.3 it fixed the json error but the CE form was missing fields in the front end

I went to Joomla Admin / Components / Contact Enhanced / options / Contact Form tab
Set "Show Contact Form" to Hide - Save
Set "Show Contact Form" to Show - Save

It seems that the "Save" action can clear the problem :)

I just tried saving the CE configuration with out making any changes on a second website - This also fixed the missing CE form fields

7 years 5 months ago #22406 by adiehm
Just re saving the Contact Enhanced Manager Options seems to fix the problem - Thanks