Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Site To SIte Migration from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.6

7 years 3 months ago #22871 by mwb12345
Hi,

I have been using your Contacted Enhanced for several years. I am currently running it on a Joomla 2.5.8 website with Contact Enhanced version 2.5.24

I have created a new website to replace this website running Joomla Version 3.6.5 and a new template. I have copied all the normal pages over and that is fine. I have the latest new version of a clean contact enhanced running on it.

Is there a way to migrate all the categories, form fields, templates and contacts without having to retype all this in ? Possibly copy database tables?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #22874 by support
Greetings,

So you are migrating, therefore you are not using Joomla standard upgrading procedure. Am I right?

Migration is more complicated than upgrading.

The procedure is this:
1- Copy all tables starting with #__ce_ from your old (current) database to your new one (make sure to update the Database table prefix in order to match your new website);
2- Install Contact Enhanced in your new website. Contact Enhanced was designed to perform all necessary database changes if it detects the CE database tables.

The problem with this procedure is that you might loose the categories, therefore you might need to create the categories again OR assign them to Contacts and Form Fields. In order to help you with this procedure you can use the Batch button in the toolbar, so you can assign multiple fields/contacts at the same time.

All the best,

7 years 2 months ago #22896 by mwb12345
Thank you, I followed your instructions and its all moved over. I only had a few categories and manually put them back in and then batched all the Contacts and Fields.