Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Contact import and mail as username

7 years 2 months ago #22886 by Nielsel
Hello,I just installed the Enhanced Contact PRO and have some questions.
Is it possible to import contacts so they automatically become a user? and e-mail sent to them with a username and password?
Is it possible to have e-mail as username when I make a new user?
I have imported users, but it will not automatically become a user, I also edit a user and checked the user registration without any luck.
I have read the manual but could not find anything about this.
Please help me find a way to do this right.

Sincerely Lasse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #22887 by support
Dear Nielsel,

Contact Enhanced's purpose is to be an Advanced Contact Manager, not a Joomla User manager. However we've created an option for you to synchronize Contact Enhanced with Joomla user. Please go to Extensions -> Plugins and enable the "User - CE Contact Creator". This will create a contact every time a new user is created, however it won't create a new contact for previous users.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

7 years 2 months ago #22891 by Nielsel
Hi, thanks for quick reply.
I enabled "User-CE Contact Creator" and it didn't help.
This is no big issue for me but it would be nice to have.
The second question I had vas if it is possible to automaticaly have mail address as username when I creates a new contact?
The system sends a mail with a username and password but I would like the username to be the mail address.

Best regards
Lasse

7 years 2 months ago #22894 by support
Dear Lasse,

When you use the option for Contact Enhanced to create Joomla users, then if you don't add a username form field it should use the user part or the email address as the Joomla username (username@domain.com). For example in the email someone@domain.com someone will be the username, unless that username is already taken.

We don't usually recommend using this feature. We recommend to use Joomla default user registration system.

Best regards,