Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Contact Enhanced does't reat custome translation file

7 years 2 months ago #22948 by bart198x
Hi.
on CE 3.4.7.2 (I know it's old version)
I want to make component translation (not as overrides but as language file) but...
All on my site is set to all languages, default site language is set to polish.
I have copied en-GB language folder in CE and rename it (files in that folder too) to pl-PL in both FE & BE and ok. (language in joomla is set properly, it works with login, registration forms etc. they are translated).
But all phrases that I translsated in CE language file pl-PL.com_contactenhanced.ini are not being translated in front end.
Where I should put translation or what I need to do so the file pl-PL.com_contactenhanced.ini would be used by CE :) (I know that is quite simple question, but I have problem with that).
In simple words CE doesn't read pl-PL.com_contactenhanced.ini (as override it does, but overrides have some limitations so I can't translate for egsample "Pola oznaczone gwiazdką "<span class="_QQ_"requiredsign"_QQ_">%s"</span> są wymagane.").
Thanks in advance for answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #22949 by support
Dear bart198x,

Your subscription has expired and support is only provided to active subscribers, so I'd appreciate if you'd renew your subscription.

I recommend you to use Transifex to translate Contact Enhanced into your language, this way all your translation will be added to the official language file and you will be able to upgrade easily in the future. It has already been partially translated into Polish:
www.transifex.com/machadoug/contact-enhanced/language/pl_PL/

With the new version of the language file we no longer are using the "_QQ_" code for double quotes, unless strictly necessary, which is not the case here.

Contact Enhanced Component default language directory is [Path to Joomla]/components/com_contactenhanced/language/ however all changes done in this folder will be overridden when you upgrade Contact Enhanced. If you want to create an override file, all you need to do is copy the language file to [Path to Joomla]/language/pl-PL/. The example above is for the front-end, but also work with the component back-end (administrator), plugins and modules.

Let me know if you have any further question.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.