Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

update to version 3.6.5 not working

7 years 1 week ago #23059 by adiehm
The update to version 3.6.5 does not seem to work.
I have tried clearing both the Joomla Cache and the Update Cache.
PHP upload_max_filesize is 4Mb.

Update URL :

idealextensions.com/?extension...jb20uYXU%3D&file-extension.xml

The <downloadurl> in the XML returns this messed up error:

Error subscription not found for http://d3d3LmN1c3RvbS1nbGFzcy5jb20uYXU= - We did not find a valid subscription attached to your website d3d3LmN1c3RvbS1nbGFzcy5jb20uYXU=. Please make sure this website is linked to your subscription at IdealExtensions.com. Do not add http:// or www to your domain when you link it. If you have a valid subscription, go to My Account -> My Downloads in order to download the new version.

It looks like a problem encoding/decoding the correct website URL in the update link :(
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 week ago #23060 by support
Dear adiehm,

That's odd. For now, can you please download from My Account -> My Downloads and manually install the update?
If the problem persists, I'll investigate on Monday.

Best regards,

7 years 1 week ago #23061 by adiehm
I have downloaded the latest version and installed it - The URL and XML in the list of update sites have the same issues.

I tried do a Rebuild of the update sites but that did not work - This caused the CE Update site to be removed from the Update Site List. I had to re-install CE a second time to get it back into the Update Site listing ( Looks like a secondary fault / issue
Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #23104 by adiehm
Is there a solution for this issue, I have about 70 sites to update and i'm holding off hoping for a solution. It would be a bit easier if i could use the update link rather than uploading the file.

6 years 11 months ago #23116 by support
Dear adiehm,

I'm sorry about the delayed reply. I've been very busy during the last few weeks.

I'll investigate this issue on Monday.

Have a blessed weekend.

6 years 11 months ago #23132 by support
Dear adiehm,

I couldn't reproduce this issue locally. When I install the latest version the update site is created and it is working correctly.
Have you tested on more than one website?

I'll perform some more tests and I might need administrator access, so I can take a closer look, but I'll contact you privately for more information If I need to.

Best regards,

6 years 11 months ago #23133 by adiehm
Originally I had close to 70 sites running 3.6.4.2. As I started to the grade process each site i attempted to upgrade via Extensions/Manage/Update failed. I have performed a manual installation of 3.6.5 on a few of them but the download URL for them has the same problem.

I just tried it again for the domain name localwebdesign.com.au

I checked the update URL Details - All good it loads the expected XML file
I checked the Download URL within the XML file - It fails - "Error subscription not found for. . . . "
I tried to perform the Update - It fails - Update path does not exist

I'm wondering if there is a problem with my CE Account rather than a problem with the version of CE ? You set me up with 3 x Contact Enhanced PLUS Package.
Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #23136 by support
Dear adiehm,

The account setup should not be the reason, because when you purchase the 3 Subscriptions package it actually creates 3 separate subscriptions in the system. You must update your account adding the domains to "Domains you wish to install this product on" in the My Account -> My Downloads area.

As for the XML file, most commercial extensions use the extra_query column in the database to retrieve the update information. Loading the URL from the XML file without the extra_query parameter will not work. I'm working right now on a way to update the query string everyday, this way you'll be able to refresh the update sites if you need to, but this change will be available for CE 3.7 only.

Best regards,

6 years 11 months ago #23137 by adiehm
Hi

I have the sites loaded into the My Account -> My Downloads area and Its been working just fine up till now.

I just tried 2 more sites - Updates a few other extensions successfully but updating CE 3.6.4.2 to 3.6.5 fails

Warning : Update path does not exist.
Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #23138 by adiehm
I'm note sure what your saying about the XML file. The extra_query field for Contact Enhanced in the xxxxx_update_sites table is empty so I assume your current update process does not use this feature.

6 years 11 months ago #23139 by support
Dear adiehm,

If the extra_query field for Contact Enhanced in the #__update_sites table is empty, than that's what is causing this issue.

I'm not sure what caused this issue, however I have create a new feature in Contact Enhanced to update the #__update_sites CE entry the first time you access CE CPanel / Dashboard. This will only be available in the next CE version.

I'll advise you to wait until CE 3.7 is released before updating your extensions and unfortunately this is something you'll have to do manually due to the missing extra_query.

Best regards,