Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

EDIT button visible on my website

7 years 3 weeks ago #23082 by gvissotto
Hello,

After updating to the latest version of contact enhanced pro, the EDIT button became visible on my website allowing anyone to edit my company details.
How can I hide or denny this access?

Many thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 weeks ago #23083 by support
Dear gvissotto,

That's odd. Please make sure the Permission is set to Denied for the Edit, Edit State and Edit own in the Component Options for the Public and Guest user groups. See screenshot:
storage1.static.itmages.com/i/...0383454_6404356_bdc761ac9b.png

Have a blessed weekend,

7 years 3 weeks ago #23084 by gvissotto
Hello Douglas,

Many thanks for the reply. I did it, but I still have the button available, any other ideas?

Have a great weekend too!

7 years 3 weeks ago #23085 by support
Dear gvissotto,

Is this available for all users (public and registered) or just registered users?

Best regards,

7 years 3 weeks ago #23086 by gvissotto
Hi Douglas,

This is available to all website visitors. If you check our homepage, you'll see it.
I managed to disable the data editing, but the button is still visible and functional.

Thank you!

7 years 3 weeks ago #23087 by support
Dear gvissotto,

I cannot reproduce this error locally.

Can you please create a full backup and provide administrator account, so I can take a closer look?
You can send the credentials using the Support ->Contact Form.

Best regards,