Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

email received no longer has clickable return email address of sender in body

6 years 9 months ago #23268 by scottm74
This is something I have just noticed, the email received from contact enhanced form no longer has clickable return email address of the sender in body? The email program my client uses is Thunderbird. I have recently built my client a new website and installed the latest version of contact enhanced and set up the forms identical to old website. My client has shown me an email received from old website, a few days ago using contact enhanced and inside the body of the email the senders email address is a clickable email address that my client can click to reply to sender, since the new website, the email address appears in the body of the message, however it is no longer clickable? The version of thunderbird has not changed, nor the version of contact enhanced. The new website is running a newer php version and most recent joomla version. I have no idea how this would effect things? Any ideas please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #23269 by support
Dear scottm74,

That's odd. Contact Enhanced does not create a link for emails, so this is done by the email client. If no setting in the email client has changed it should stay the same way.

Anyway, what you can do in your HTML Email template is create the email link.
Please read this article:
idealextensions.com/joomla-ext...s/75-html-template-system.html

Then create a email link by editig the HTML source of the template.
<a href="mailto:{email}">{email}</a>

Best regards,

6 years 9 months ago #23270 by scottm74
Hi Douglas,

Thank you for the advice, I had a crack at it, but it didn't work. I edited the 'Default Email' template, but I'm not sure where to put the HTML? Can you please have a look at attached screenshot and show my what it should look like after editing it.

Thank you,
Scott
Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago #23271 by support
Dear Scott,

The screenshots below were made using Joomla default content editor TinyMCE.
1- storage3.static.itmages.com/i/...843552_5383124_4d7e948a7f.jpeg
2- storage3.static.itmages.com/i/...843929_1423285_fe5ed30b55.jpeg
3- storage5.static.itmages.com/i/...843873_5380243_a1455597ba.jpeg

I suggest you to replace the {enquiry} tag with the code below, or something similar
{name} < <a href="mailto:{email}">{email}</a> > sent an Inquiry via {site_link}

All the best,

6 years 9 months ago #23272 by scottm74
OK, I give up. I'm obviously missing something here, it's 1am in the morning, I need some sleep. I doubt it will be any clearer in the morning, I'm clearly not getting the concept. When I do what you've suggested, the email looks exactly the same with the addition of the HTML which is all visible within the email, so I'm not enclosing it right? nor getting the concept.

Thank you for your help anyway

6 years 9 months ago #23273 by support
Dear Scott,

In the morning, I can log in and edit the template for you. If you can allow access to me, please create a backup and send Administrator credentials using the Support -> Contact Form.

Best regards,

6 years 9 months ago #23277 by scottm74
Hi Douglas, OK, thanks. I'll send details through shortly.