Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Captcha - SecurImage issues (text not displaying)

6 years 9 months ago #23370 by PanosFX
Hello Douglas.

It appears that the captcha text is not displayed on my site. I have tried all sorts of settings without any success.

I had to deactivate the "Captcha - SecurImage" plugin. Yet I don't know how to associate another captcha plugin such as "Recaptcha". As a result, the contact form currently displays this warning: "Error. Captcha plugin not set or not found. Please contact a site administrator."

I am using the latest versions of the plugin and component for J3.7

Thanks for your help.
Panos Efstathiadis
www.panosfx.com
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #23373 by support
Dear Panos,

I've never had this problem before. Are you using the latest SecurImage plugin?

In order to fix this warning message you had to either change or disable captcha in Contact Enhanced Options, please go to Components -> Contact Enhanced, click on the options button and under the Contact Form either disable or change the captcha plugin to ReCaptcha.

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: PanosFX

6 years 9 months ago #23375 by PanosFX
Dear Douglas:
Yes, the problem occurred after I installed the SecureImage plugin that came with this zip "UNPACK_FIRST__contact_enhanced__LITE__v2.5.29__v3.7"

Now some interesting facts:
I just installed the previous version of SecureImage, using this build: "UNPACK_FIRST__contact_enhanced__LITE__v2.5.29__v3.6.5"
When I set the font color to #ffffff, it doesn't display anything:

When I change the font color to anything else, things are working as expected:

I can live with the previous plugin version, of course. I am just wondering if it's something that affects other users as well.

Best regards
Panos
Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago #23376 by support
Dear Panos,

You have to change the background color to a darker color. The image is created in layers and if the background-color is set to the same color (or very similar) as the text color it will interpret as a transparent text.

Best regards,

6 years 9 months ago #23401 by Comstrat
Hi Douglas, same problem for me. With latest version of CE and recaptcha.
Test is not displaying.

Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago #23402 by PanosFX

support wrote: Dear Panos,

You have to change the background color to a darker color. The image is created in layers and if the background-color is set to the same color (or very similar) as the text color it will interpret as a transparent text.

Best regards,

Dear Douglas, I tired all sorts of different settings and color combinations, to no avail.
As I mentioned in my earlier message, I had to re-install the previous plugin version, to make things work.
I was getting the same problem Comstrat reported.

Kind regards
Panos

6 years 9 months ago #23406 by support
Dear Panos and Comstrat,

I cannot reproduce this issue locally. Can you add a considerably different color? Not just a slightly darker or slightly lighter color than the background.
When I say background color I mean the background color setting, not the background image. See screenshot:
storage2.static.itmages.com/i/...256077_3882182_10d64d1dfa.jpeg

If the error persists, please provide a screenshot of your settings, so I can try to reproduce the issue locally.

Best regards,

6 years 9 months ago #23425 by mmm_marketing
My fresh installation of SecurImage does the same. No combination of colours will make the text show. However, with mine, if you change the captcha type to Math Challenge or From Word List it works fine. The problem is only with the characters captcha type.

6 years 9 months ago #23433 by support
Greetings,

I'm having a hard time to reproduce the issue, however you have shed some light and I believe I have found the issue and fixed it.

I'll send a test file to your email address. Please install, save the plugin options again, clear the cache and let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

6 years 9 months ago #23439 by mmm_marketing
Thanks Douglas. I installed the test file and it all works perfectly now.

Cheers.
Sarah.

6 years 9 months ago #23448 by josemh
Hello,
I have installed the plugin plg_captcha_securimage_3.7__20170512_1444 and it does not work either.
Thanks
Jose

Joomla 3.7.3
PHP 7.0.20

6 years 9 months ago #23449 by josemh
Sorry, my message was not here, but the error is the same with the Joomla plugin.

Thanks
Jose