Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Forms with various gmail accounts

6 years 8 months ago #23524 by lt635
Hello,

We are having some issues with a gmail account receiving emails. This is the main email account on the website. We have configured the emails to SMTP and the host to be smtp.gmail.com, port 465 and SMTP security to SSL/TLS. I have just checked the email authentication and the DKIM and SPF was disabled, and from another post it was mentioned that they need to be enabled.

My question is, we have several contact forms to various clinics on this site, many of them using gmail. With the above changes, can there be problems for the other accounts to receive emails submitted using the form to their gmail account?

Thank you
Regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #23525 by support
Dear Lene,

Thank you for your email.

Contact Enhanced uses Joomla mailer to send email, therefore most of the email delivery related problems are not directly related to Contact Enhanced.

If the Joomla Mailer settings are properly configured it should deliver the email regardless of the email recipient's domain name.

I was doing some reading and it seems the GMail SMTP TLS port is 587 [1]. Also, the "SMTP Authentication" setting must be set to Yes.
[1] support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

It is highly recommended to use SPF and DKIM signature, so your email will most likely be delivered to the user's inbox instead of the spam folder.

Best regards,

6 years 8 months ago #23526 by lt635
Dear Douglas,

Thank you for your quick reply.

That is really all I need to know. As long as we get the mailer configuration right it does not matter which email you have in the form.

From what I can see, if we cannot get the gmail working 100%, we can for example setup a noreply@ email address for the web server and use that to the mailer configuration that could solve the issue?

I changed the port to 587 and the SMTP Authentication is set to yes. I have also enabled the SPF and DKIM signature.

Kind regards
Lene

6 years 8 months ago #23527 by support
Dear Lene,

The Mailer Server configuration will not be visible to the end user and by default Contact Enhanced uses the Contact's name and Email for the From and Reply-to settings. See screenshot:
storage2.static.itmages.com/i/...3052979_4451162_ecad98ea7f.png

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: lt635