Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Multiple File upload fails with large zip file

6 years 5 months ago #23646 by chris.dempsey
I'm struggling to configure a Multiple File field to accept an 18mb zip file.

Form Field parameters are
- use ajax - no
- file extensions - includes zip
- number of files - 3

Uploads are successful with small zip files eg. 100kb.

Large file upload fails silently in terms of no errors logged by php or the web server (IIS8.5). PHP and IIS are configured to allow 32mb uploads. Max input and execution time are 60sec - 18mb upload takes 15 sec.

I tried enabling ajax, setting the file size to 24000kb then disabling ajax again in case the file size was being used even with ajax off but it doesn't help.

Strangely I did see an error on the Thank You page during testing but can't remember exact configuration at the time:
Error File is too large (_MG_1917.jpg) - this is a 3900kb file.

The weird thing is the image file was packed in the zip file. Does CE attempt to unpack zip files or did I accidentally upload a jpeg along with the zip?

Any help appreciated.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #23648 by support
Dear Chris,

For large files it is recommended to use the Ajax option.
Contact Enhanced does not attempt to uncompress/unzip files.

If the problem persists, please provide a direct link to the form, so we can take a closer look.

Best regards,

6 years 5 months ago #23650 by chris.dempsey
Hi Douglas,

> For large files it is recommended to use the Ajax option.
I cannot do this, my client's site uses Azura Page Builder which caches the Ajax security token meaning after first use all further form submissions fail due to the token having expired.

> Contact Enhanced does not attempt to uncompress/unzip files.
Understood. I guess I accidentally selected an image instead of the 18mb zip during testing.

> If the problem persists, please provide a direct link to the form, so we can take a closer look.
The form is at www.lasercutit.co.uk/contact-us.html - this is a live website and my client will receive any tests.

Please note the instructions alongside the Attachment field on the form say the filesize is limited to 2mb - this is not the case, configuration is as described above.

Again the 18mb file is accepted by the web server without error and there is no PHP error logged or displayed. I suspect CE is rejecting the attachment but unsure which part of the configuration is the cause.

Thanks,

Chris

6 years 5 months ago #23652 by support
Dear Chris,

I was not able to reproduce this issue. I've submitted the form several times with different file sizes and all of them worked correctly. The last time I submitted two zip files (22Mb & 700Kb) and and it took 26 seconds to submit the form and display the Thank you page.

I'm not sure what is causing this issue. Can you still reproduce this issue?

Best regards,

6 years 5 months ago #23653 by chris.dempsey
Hi Douglas,

I can see your form submissions with the 22mb zip attached in the Joomla admin panel.

However when I attempt the same the attachment is not saved and no error is shown

Screenshot: drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ABE...NiaG9FbnloVDA/view?usp=sharing

I'm at a loss to explain. Any ideas?

Chris

6 years 5 months ago #23654 by support
Dear Chris,

I'm having a hard time to figure this out.
You mentioned it takes 15 seconds to upload a 18Mb file, so it is not a problem with your internet upload speed.

Since this is a server side issue, it should not be related to your browser, computer or location, however just to make sure, have you tested in different browsers, computers and locations?

We have to establish a pattern in order to understand the issue and solve it.

Best regards,

6 years 5 months ago #23655 by chris.dempsey
Hi Douglas,

Issue presents in both the latest version of Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10.

I'm sure it's a configuration error in Joomla.

No errors are logged in IIS, typically it's 404.13 if upload size exceeds configured limits. No errors are logged by PHP.

CE will accept and correctly attach 3 jpeg files totalling 10,872,003 bytes to the Recorded Message.

Initially I thought the Ajax enabled form having a 2mb limit set in CE was the issue, even though Ajax is disabled it remembers the 2mb limit was set previously. Obviously not this when 10mb uploads successfully.

6 years 5 months ago #23656 by support
Dear Chris,

It's very hard for me to fix an issue I cannot reproduce.

I have just upload 3 files (over 18Mb) and it worked properly. Were you able to reproduce this issue in other computers/networks?

Due to the fact I cannot reproduce the issue and there's no PHP error I cannot provide a solution. My suggestion is to create a Contact Page using Joomla core content article and plugin or module for testing purposes, in other words, do not use Azura and try using the Ajax Feature. If that works I would recommend trying to reproduce the same look & feel of your current contact page without using Azura.

I do want to solve this, however I've been trying to figure this out without any luck and it always works from my end. Thanks for understanding.

6 years 5 months ago #23661 by chris.dempsey
Hi Douglas,

Appreciate your position is difficult when we can't show an error message and the issue does not exist for you.

I tried clearing browser cache and attaching an 18mb file in Chrome Incognito mode then in a browser never used previously so cookies etc. should not be a factor. Also flushed local dns. The upload fails silently in both.

I don't have another computer to test from but my client tried from their end and result was the same silent failure.

Since reverting to Ajax mode which worked previously is suggested I'd like to pursue that route to achieve resolution.

Thing is, as established in my other thread the Ajax security token is cached on first form submission.
idealextensions.com/forum/11-c...-displayed-to-other-users.html

Could we proceed with your offer to develop an configuration option to clear the cache?

It would be helpful if configuration allows specific cache directory to be targeted, in our case this is /cache/com_azurapagebuilder

Also, it could be merged with the main branch of CE so it's available to others and into the future that would be helpful.

Thanks again,

Chris

6 years 5 months ago #23664 by support
Dear Chris,

I've been thinking about this issue. Adding the option to clear the cache on submission will only solve the problem with the last user information cached in the form, however the security token will remain cached, because the form page will be cached and Contact Enhanced plugin is not called at all when the entire page is cached.

My suggestion in this case was actually to mimic the Azura Page Builder Look & Feel using Joomla core content article, this way we'll be able to use Ajax Multiple File upload without issues.

Actually, have you tested the scenario above for testing purposes? If you haven't, can you test it just to make sure it will work?

Best regards,

6 years 5 months ago #23671 by chris.dempsey
Hi Douglas,

It sounds like you understood 'clear the cache on submission' to mean client side, when the user clicks the submit button?

I meant during server side form processing (the stage where the alert email is generated and details recorded in the database).

I've not tested building a new page without Azura as it's outwith my current remit however I will pass your advice to my client.

Thanks

6 years 5 months ago #23673 by support
Dear Chris,

'clear the cache on submission' can only be done in the server side ;-) I might not have been clear enough. Let me try to rephrase.

Clearing the cache when the form is processed will only solve the issue with the user data in the form fields. The Ajax File Upload security token needs to be unique when the form loads in order to prevent hackers to send files to the server. If the form is cached the security token will also be cached and it will not work properly.

Let me know your test results without Azura.

Best regards,