Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Categories List Module Not Working

6 years 2 months ago #23864 by cmtrig
I don't know if I'm missing anything, but I cant get the Categories List Module to display anything. I have 43 categories (Hospital Departments), but none will display.
Joomla 3.85
CE pkg_contactenhanced__PRO__3.8.1__20171108_1913.zip
Module: Contact Enhanced Categories List
Site: Private Intranet, link can be provided.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #23866 by support
Dear cmtrig,

I could not reproduce this error locally.
Please remember you have to select the parent category and the children categories must not be empty.

Best regards,

6 years 2 months ago #23870 by cmtrig
Doug, I bought the PRO version because you advertised the Module can display one or more Categories, I want a Module that displays only the ROOT Categories, now you tell me that isn't possible. I wasted my money on this extension, I will have to use the Extensions Reviews to warn people that this extension does NOT do that. It is ridiculous to have to put everything under a single Parent Category just to create a menu type box to display them.
Now I have to create a manual menu and update it every time they add a category, What a waste.

6 years 2 months ago #23871 by support
Dear cmtrig,

It Displays one or more categories, however it was not designed to display the root categories.

Please allow me a couple of hours to implement this feature for you.

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmtrig

6 years 2 months ago #23874 by support
Dear cmtrig,

I have sent a link to the new file to your email. Please upload the file to the indicated location and in the Plugin options set Category option to No Parent.

This update will be in the next version.

Best regards,

6 years 2 months ago #23875 by cmtrig
Doug, that new XML file you created is perfect, did the trick! I will have to reformat the UL listing to use the YooTheme CSS, but it works great.
Thank you so much for your fast response, you have restored my faith in IdealExtensions and my review will reflect that.

6 years 2 months ago #23876 by support
Dear cmtrig,

We try to support the best support available and to provide extensions that make a difference. For our other customers we've never had to show the root category, therefore it wasn't a feature available. I hope you understand.

100% reviews are very important to us and help us to keep in business! ;-)

6 years 2 months ago #23877 by cmtrig
I understand, perhaps the fix you gave me should be a standard function? I can't see why you would leave it out.
Review written for you, thanks again!

6 years 2 months ago #23878 by support
Yes, it will be included in the next version! ;-)

Thanks for the review.