Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Can not set google map zoom level for contacts

6 years 2 months ago #23884 by rayinnyc24
Whether trying to edit single contact map zoom level setting which is greyed out or setting the zoom level in options of contact enhanced the front end zoom level does not change and is set to maximum zoom in.

www.clubamadeusny.com/table-reservations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #23887 by support
Dear rayinnyc24,

Hold Ctrl key and use the mouse scroll wheel over the map in order to change the zoom level setting.

Let us know if you have any further question.

Best regards,

6 years 2 months ago #23888 by rayinnyc24
Thanks for quick reply but I'm talking about the backend not frontend. I can not change zoom level in setting, it's greyed out and when I inspect it the field is set to read only.

Attachments:

6 years 2 months ago #23889 by support
Dear rayinnyc24,

The Zoom Level setting is greyed out on purpose. In the back-end, when you change the map zoom level by either scrolling the mouse wheel over the map or using the + and - zoom controls it will update the Zoom Level setting even though it is greyed out.

Best regards,

6 years 2 months ago #23890 by rayinnyc24
Yes, the problem is once saved it returns to zoom level 22, which is maximum zoom in. So both in frontend and backend zoom level is stuck at 22 on initial page load.

I can not save it at any other level.

6 years 2 months ago #23891 by support
Dear rayinnyc24,

I've managed to reproduce this issue and solve the problem. I'll send the fix to your email address in a few minutes and I'll include it in the next release as well.

Best regards,

6 years 2 months ago #23892 by rayinnyc24
I uploaded and cleared cache and still same issue

6 years 2 months ago #23896 by rayinnyc24
I should clarify, the backend the zoom level is working fine on pageload and is saving the zoom level setting but frontend the map is still zoomed in maximum on pageload.

6 years 2 months ago #23897 by Marple

rayinnyc24 wrote: Yes, the problem is once saved it returns to zoom level 22, which is maximum zoom in. So both in frontend and backend zoom level is stuck at 22 on initial page load.

I can not save it at any other level.

I'm having this problem too. Can you please share the solution with me.

Best regards,

Mark W

6 years 2 months ago #23898 by support
Greetings,

I found out the cause of the problem and I'm working on a definitive fix. I'll update this thread later today when it is ready for download.

Best regards,

6 years 2 months ago #23907 by support
I'm sorry about the delayed reply. Four close friends passed away this afternoon.

I'll send the fix to your emails instead of creating a new release, which I probably won't have time to do it before Monday.

Thanks for understanding.

6 years 2 months ago #23909 by rayinnyc24
I'm sorry for your loss.