Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Edit not showing in front end

6 years 2 months ago #23910 by Nightmusic
I think I might not be using your plugin as intended but I didn't figure that out until after I'd been using it for a while. I'm using it for salesmen to keep up with and share information about the jobs they are working on in a collaborative way. When I did this same thing for another smaller company they loved the mapping feature because when they were out with one client they could quickly see what other clients were in the area. Instead of one user having one contact information - one user might have 300 contacts that they created.

This means that sometimes the salesman will need to save a contact form without an email address. I've turned off require email in the settings but there is still an error when we try to save a form with no email address. I was able to import records without addresses. I tried entering a bogus email address when we don't know the address so that the other information could be saved, but this seems to have resulted in some records not being able to be edited from the front end. The gear button is missing from records that had bogus email addresses.

FWIW, the user will never use the contact form feature of the program. I've turned it off everywhere so there is no need for that part to work. They will use the feature to click on an email and have it connect to whatever email program they are using on their phone or desktop.

Is there a way to fix this? Also I have repurposed the "position" field to be a company name. Is there a way to alter the vcard to either use position as the company name or leave the vcard company information blank?

Login Info
This message contains confidential information

Thanks,
Susanne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #23937 by support
Dear Susanne,

You are indeed using for a different purpose than it was designed, but it should work.

You don't necessarily need to enter an email address. In order for a front-end user to edit the contact the Contact must be assigned to the an username, so when you import via CSV file you can enter a valid Joomla User ID in the user_id column.

You can hide the Email field in the Front-end Contact Edit page, by setting the Email option to Hide under the Edit tab in the Component Options. See screenshot . This way the Email field will not be required and the current logged in user's ID will be linked to the contact.

I hope it helps, but let us know if you have any further question.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.