Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

attachments in a reply message?

5 years 8 months ago #24391 by assocyate
Is there a way to add attachments in Recorded Messages on replies?

Also, can you point me in the direction in a code to add automatically bcc address? Also, I would like by default uncheck including the previous message.

thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #24411 by assocyate
I would appreciate if you reply back to my questions. I have been waiting patiently for over a week...
thank you

5 years 8 months ago #24414 by support
Dear assocyate,

I'm sorry about the delay.

There's no such feature, but we'll include it in the feature request for future versions.

Best regards,

5 years 8 months ago #24418 by assocyate
In meantime would you not mind to point me where I could add bcc address for an automatic reply? It would be quicker for me.
This is pretty important for me.
thanks!

5 years 8 months ago #24428 by support
Dear assocyate,

Contact Enhanced already has the option to add a BCC for the replies. See screenshot.

Best regards,
Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #24429 by assocyate
Yes, I am aware of that.

I was asking for the automatic blind copy as you have in options for contact form.

thank you!

5 years 8 months ago #24430 by support
Dear assocyate,

Good news. This feature already exists! ;-)

Please go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Templates, edit or create a new template, set the type to Reply and under the Parameters tab you can set a default BBC email recipient.

Then make sure to edit the Component Options to set this template as the default template for the Recorded Messages Reply.

Best regards,

5 years 8 months ago #24439 by assocyate
This is indeed very handy and works for me mostly fine.

I think however there are some issues with creating new 'Reply (via Recorded Messages) template:
1. After saving a new template I don't have anymore 'Available Syntaxes' tab.
2. The syntax variables don't work. I created just text 'Dear {name},' and email sends this text as it is without parsing data.
3. The contact recipient does not receive the body message with checked option 'Include quoted text in reply' and can see only the previous message. The bcc recipient got full email correctly.

How can I change the default option 'Include quoted text in reply' to be in unchecked position?

Thank you!

5 years 7 months ago #24441 by support
Dear Assocyate,

1. The Reply does not have Available syntaxes table because they are mostly related to the user's form submission.
2. I can implement a syntax replacer in the reply email for you and include the {name} and {email} syntax.
3. That's really strange because it's only sent one email body to all recipients.

Best regards,

5 years 7 months ago #24443 by assocyate
Actually, I created another Reply template and this time I can't reproduce this issue. Perhaps, that was an issue with a web mail client I tested on.

If it is not too much to ask then adding {name} and {email} syntax would be a good addition.

Also, sorry for keep nagging you about it but would it be possible to to change the default option to uncheck including the previous message? It is a small thing but it is helpful for us.

5 years 7 months ago #24444 by support
Dear Assocyate,

I'm implementing the requested changes and I'll send you a package later today.

The option to uncheck or hide the Previous message checkbox will be in the Template parameters.

I've also added {name}, {email} and a few other syntaxes.

I've been working for about a week on the Attachment for the reply message. It will be available soon. Actually it will add a link to download the file instead of attaching the file itself. This way it will avoid problems with very large attachments. Also some Email providers will not deliver emails containing javascript or executable files attached, even when compressed on a zip package.

Other benefits of the ink to files and folder:
- You won't have to keep uploading recurrent files;
- The option to add a link to a folder allows you to change the contents of the folder without the need to keep informing your users of changes (if you don't want to);
- You can delete a file/folder if you don't want your users to access it anymore.

The usage should be clearer once you have access to the new package.

Best regards,

5 years 7 months ago #24446 by assocyate
Thank you!

All changes work fine. The attachment is also looking cool. Will there be an option to change the uploadedfiles root folder outside of com_contactenhanced folder? In my case I am trying any documents/attachments to keep in /files folder.

Also, another related small request. Would you consider to replace the reply notice 'Thank you for your e-mail' with the language string in message.php?