Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Only the Google Development Map is showing

5 years 6 months ago #24490 by yorkshireladdie
We have store locator pro integrated into our site at this url

anatechinc.com/stockists/anatech

I understand we need to set up a billing facility but I've got no idea how to do that.

Do we need to change any of the settings in the code? I don't believe the Client has an icloud account, is there a link you can provide?

This is causing my client a major problem at the moment and I need to get it resolved asap. We are happy to pay Google for the service but we just need to know how to do that.

Many thanks for any help. Its most appreciated

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #24491 by support
Dear Mike,

There's no need to change the any code in Contact Enhanced. When you enable billing in Google maps Platform it will automatically get rid of this problem.

There's a guide for existing users located here:
cloud.google.com/maps-platform/user-guide/
I believe it will be easier for you.

Best regards,

5 years 6 months ago #24495 by yorkshireladdie
Thanks Douglas that's really appreciated.

My client has signed up for the Google Map platform account and set up billing but its talking about generating a new API key and updating your application. Can you please confirm if this is correct? If so where is the API key stored?

Many thanks

5 years 6 months ago #24496 by support
Dear Mike,

Sure if he's creating his own Google Maps Platform account he'll have to create a new API from this link:
cloud.google.com/maps-platform/#get-started

Then go to Joomla -> Components -> Contact Enhanced, click on Options and under the Maps tab you enter the "API Key".

Since you are using iStoreLocator as well, you can leave the API Key blank in iStoreLocator options. Go to Extensions -> Plugins -> Ideal Store Locator and either enter the new API key in plugin options or just leave it blank and iStoreLocator will use Contact Enhanced's API Key.

Best regards,

5 years 6 months ago #24508 by yorkshireladdie
Hi Douglas - many thanks for this. I have the clients google details and have created an API key but when I click on the Maps table of the options for Contact Enhanced Manager Options in Joomla there isn't a field to enter the API

Down the bottom of the Contact Enhanced Manager Option page there is a custom map style field but that doesn't seem to be correct. Can you please advise? I you can identify the field it will take 5 seconds to enter the AP1 but I can't see how I do that.

Many thanks - Mike

5 years 6 months ago #24509 by support
Dear Mike,

You should be able to see the Google Maps API Key text field, so you can enter your API key. See screenshot.

If you still cannot see this field, can you please provide a screenshot of your settings?

Best regards,
Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #24510 by yorkshireladdie
Thanks for the reply but for some reason I haven't got that field on the map tab, please see attached screenshot. This is all the fields available
Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #24511 by support
Are you using the latest Contact Enhanced version?

5 years 6 months ago #24516 by yorkshireladdie
Hi Douglas - sorry been out the office for a couple of days. Can you please advise where I can access the latest version of the software? We have recently updated the license.

Many thanks - Mike

5 years 6 months ago #24517 by support
Dear Mike,

You can go to My Account -> My Download link and then download from there.

Please keep in mind that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) We've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

Best regards,

5 years 6 months ago #24518 by yorkshireladdie
Hi Douglas - many thanks for your help.

I've updated the API but the Development map is still being shown. In a way that doesn't surprise me I do find Google immensely frustrating on this type of thing. Their interface is difficult to understand for anyone who is using it for the first time. This is the page on the anatach website anatechinc.com/stockists/anatech

Is there any help you can offer?

Many thanks - Mike

5 years 6 months ago #24519 by support
Dear Mike,

First of all, I recommend forcing HTTPS on your website ( anatechinc.com/stockists/anatech ). It seems you already have a SSL certificate installed, so it's just a matter of configuring it in Joomla Global Configuration.

I've checked the source code and the API key is not loaded. Did you clear all caches?

Have you added the API key to Contact Enhanced Configuration or to iStoreLocator? It should work either way, but just to be sure, please add it to the iStoreLocator plugin options and it should work properly.

Best regards,