Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Updating email address for bounced emails

5 years 5 months ago #24578 by dave1234
I previously updated my email address through Joomla administration and that is working fine, but if the email address the client uses on the form is invalid and it bounces, the bounced message goes back to my old address. I'm not sure how to update this in the system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #24579 by support
Dear Dave,

The default replyTo email address is the Contact Email address, not your the email address of the user linked to the form, unless the contact email address is empty.

If that's not the issue, then please reply the following questions:
1. Do you use the Recipient Form Field?
2. Can you provide a link to your form, so I can take a look?
3. Is your Contact Email address field empty? If not, 3.1 Is your Contact Email matches your User's email address?

Best regards,

5 years 5 months ago #24583 by dave1234
Let me know where to navigate to within the Joomla administration panel as I'm not sure where to go to check these fields. I only see my email address, which has been updated to the new one, under "Email", under "Edit Contact", when editing the form itself ("Contacts" -> "Contact me"), and under "Form Fields" -> "Email", the new address is also shown.

The form in question is at: bit.ly/2EAorli

5 years 5 months ago #24584 by support
Dear Dave,

Is your contact linked to a Joomla user? (see screenshot attached)
If it, can you please check whether the email in the linked username was changed?

Best regards,
Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #24591 by dave1234
Hi, I checked this and there is no linked user.

5 years 5 months ago #24592 by support
Dear Dave,

Can you please create a full backup and provide a Super Administrator account?
You can send the credentials using the Support -> Contact Form.

Best regards,

5 years 5 months ago #24600 by dave1234
I tried sending it and I get "No subscriptions linked to this email or username"

5 years 5 months ago #24602 by support
Dear Dave,

That's because you were using a different email address than the one you've used to subscribe to Contact Enhanced.
Anyway, I've received your email and I figured it out what was causing this.

The default Sender setting under the "Contact Form" tab in the Component Options is set to Use Global, which uses Joomla Global "From Email" to send the email. This is to prevent problems with some mail servers.

I've changed the setting to Contact and it should solve this issue.

I have found a possible security issue. For increased security please use the following settings in Joomla Global Configuration under the Server tab:
SMTP Port: 465 (might change from server to server)
SMTP Security: SSL/TLS (is compatible with most if not all servers)
SMTP Authentication: Yes
SMTP Username: you@yourdomain.com
SMTP Password: The password for you@yourdomain.com email account.

Authenticated SMTP emails will also avoid your email messages to end up in the SPAM/JUNK folder in your client's email software.

Best regards,