Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Honeypot Info

5 years 5 months ago #24654 by fabioweb
Hello after upgrade i got some issue with contact form because some real users were marked as spambots.
I checked carefully the component and by default "Honeypot" was active!
Now i set to "NO" but before was active..
How can i check all blocked users for this?

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #24656 by support
Dear Fabio,

I'm not sure what you mean by "How can I check all blocked users for this?".

The honeypot feature is a mix of client-side (javascript) and server-side technology which tries to guess if the user is actually a spambot.

Users are not blocked permanently, so if you disabled this feature it will have no effect on new form submissions.

I hope that answers your question.

Best regards,

5 years 5 months ago #24657 by fabioweb
Ok thanks. I meant that users after writing page were not redirect to a thank you page but to an alert page with this similar text:
"You are a bad bot or a spammer"
So i meant. Can i check users that were block from writing the form? Because i need to contact all real user accidentally blockek after submitting form
Thanks

5 years 5 months ago #24658 by support
Dear Fabio,

Contact Enhanced does not keep track of emails which failed to pass validation.

I have just checked the installation file and Honeypot feature is not enabled by default.
The Honeypot feature will only block real users if you have some sort of javascript error on your site, otherwise it should work properly.

Due to this issue, I'm implementing a feature for the next version that will allow site administrators to receive a debug message if the form submission does not pass validation. The email will be sent only if the Contact Enhanced Debug option or the Debug option in Joomla Global Configuration is enabled.

Best regards,

5 years 5 months ago #24661 by fabioweb
"Honeypot feature is not enabled by default."
Ok if enabled what is the message text displayed by users?

5 years 5 months ago #24662 by support
Dear Fabio,

The language string displayed to the form submitter is this one:
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_HONEYPOT_CAUGHT_SPAMMER="Email was NOT sent! You seem to be a spambot, if that is NOT true please try to contact us again"

Let us know if you have any further question.

Have a blessed weekend,
The following user(s) said Thank You: fabioweb

5 years 5 months ago #24663 by fabioweb
Ok thank you. Can i use Invisible Recaptcha? developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible
There is the plugin?
Regards

5 years 5 months ago #24664 by support
Dear Fabio,

Contact Enhanced is compatible with any Captcha plugin type and Joomla 3.9 already comes with the Invisible ReCaptcha plugin. Therefore you just have to configure the plugin to start using it! ;-)

Best regards,