Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

How To Edit An Email Template Subject Line

5 years 1 month ago #24891 by ChartCo
Hi all,

I'm looking into how to edit an auto-responder email subject line. I can see the relevant fields in the right-hand block when editing the form template. However, there doesn't appear to be an option to actually edit this field.

I'm sure there must be a configuration option for this somewhere but haven't yet been able to locate this.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #24892 by support
Greetings,

Just go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Form Fields, edit your Subject Form Field type and under the Subject Parameters set "Submitter Copy Subject" with the text you want to add as your Auto Reply subject.

Best regards,

5 years 1 week ago #24954 by ChartCo
Hi Guys,

just following up on this, It's still not working. I have done as you suggested and added a custom value to the "Submitter Copy Subject" field. I have also added a prefix.

In the form template itself I have called the {subject} variable. The field has also been assigned to the relevant form category.
When I test the form i receive the following: Copy of: ChartCo: Chartco: -

Where as this should simply read "thank you for requesting a demo".

Are we missing something? please advise

5 years 1 week ago #24955 by support
Greetings,

Can you please provide a direct link to your form, so I can take a closer look?

PS: Setting the template title to {subject} will not change the email's subject.

Best regards,

5 years 1 week ago #24956 by ChartCo
Sure here e he URL: www.chartco.com/free-trial ?
Please can you provide instructions on how to make the necessary changes.
Thanks.

5 years 1 week ago #24957 by support
The Subject Form field is empty and hidden, in this case Contact Enhanced will not load the subject form field.

Please edit the form field and add something meaningful for you, like "Demo Request Form" to the Field Value. See screenshot.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.
Attachments:

5 years 1 week ago #24958 by ChartCo
Lovely, thats done the job. Thank you

5 years 8 hours ago #24982 by ChartCo
Hi Guys,

just wanted to piggy back a related issue off the back of this. So previously we discussed applying a subject line field to the email received by the user after submission. This is added to the email template. However, we also want to customize the autoresponder email subject line with a different subject. Is this possible? Because I only see a value to edit the subject line for the user

5 years 8 hours ago #24983 by ChartCo
Sorry just to add to the above, I mean the internally generated email from the user submission not the user autoresponder email

5 years 4 hours ago #24984 by support
Greetings,

This is done in the Subject Form Field. Please go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Form Fields, edit the Subject Form field or create a new one for this category and add a value for it. If you don't want to display this field, you can leave it enabled and under the General Parameters tab you can choose to Hide the field.

Best regards

4 years 11 months ago #24985 by ChartCo
Hi Douglas,
I already have a subject line for the category assigned but this is set for the autoresponder subject line. However I would now like to add a custom subject line to the internal mail received.

Problem is in the subject line field there is only a value I am able to set for the copy received by the user. If there is another option to set for internal mail received please can you provide additional info / screenshot perhaps. Thanks.

4 years 11 months ago #24986 by support
Greetings,

I'm having a hard time to understand what you need. What exactly do you mean by "Internal mail"?

In the Subject Form Field options, you can set the Email (see screenshot) and auto-reply (user copy) subject fields.
Attachments: