Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Map not displaying on new contact

4 years 4 months ago #25347 by Comstrat
Hi,

I created a new contact as usual, but can't display the map. Eveything is configured fine.
Also, the map doesn't locate the adress in backend as it did for other contact.

Here is an example of contact working fine (created a long time ago):
www.restosducoeur.be/fr/les-re...coeur-d-arlon-devenez-benevole

Here is an exemple of a new contact created last week, where map doesn't display:
www.restosducoeur.be/fr/les-re...eur-de-tienen-devenez-benevole

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #25348 by support
Greetings,

Is the Show map option enabled under the Display tab in the Contact edit page?

If it doesn't locate, that's probably the issue. Is there any error in the Browser's Console when you try to locate the address? The browser's console is accessible by pressing F12 on Chrome.
Does it work if you enter the coordinates manually?

Best regards,

4 years 4 months ago #25349 by Comstrat
Hi Douglas,

Yes, "show map" is selected in display tab.

Console shows only warnings. No errors.
You can test it yourself here: www.restosducoeur.be/fr/les-re...eur-de-tienen-devenez-benevole

Where am I supposed to enter coordinates manually? I can't even see a map container in the source code. Il seems to be simply ignored/bypassed.

I backend, whatever coordinates I enter, the map (in the map tab) can't locate it.
And when I look at the console in the map tab of the contact in backend, I get the following error:

This site overrides Array.from() with an implementation that doesn't support iterables, which could cause Google Maps JavaScript API v3 to not work correctly.

Kind regards.

4 years 2 months ago #25381 by Comstrat
Hello,

Any updates about my problem ? I didn't receive any answer...

4 years 2 months ago #25382 by support
Dear Comstrat,

I'm sorry about the delayed reply. I didn't see your reply to this thread and I apologize.

If there are no coordinates, then the map container will not even be displayed.
In order to manually add the coordinates to your contacts go to Components » Contact Enhanced » Contacts, edit your contact and under the Maps Tab, you can enter the Latitude and Longitude.

The Array.from() override should not be a problem here.

If the problem persists, please create a full backup and provide administrator access, so I can take a closer look. You can reply to the forum post notification EMAIL to send the credentials.

Best regards,