Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Extension Update not working - Failed to download package - Link leads to 403

1 year 11 months ago #26145 by AHVLI
Hi,

I just tried to update the Contact Enhanced Extension on our Joomla Intranet site, but I'm getting the following Error message:
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from https://IdealExtensions.com/?extension=com_contactenhanced&task=update&joomlaversion=3.9

The link to Download it manually just leads to a 403 Page.

The person that previously did this left our company and we can't find the Login data for our account here either. Are there any options for us here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #26146 by support
Dear AHVLI,

Please provide your previous developer's email address, so I can check whether your subscription is still valid. we offer 6 and 12 months subscriptions. If your website was created over one year ago, your subscription is most likely already expired. In this case, you'll have to purchase a new subscription.

Best regards,

Best regards,

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #26147 by AHVLI
Hi Douglas,

There are a few E-Mail Addresses that could have been used. Do you have any past subscriptions under one of the following?:

@ahv.li

If they have expired we will purchase a new license. Is there any way to tell which Version of the Expansion we have (Pro, Lite, Plus)?

Best regards,
Kevin

1 year 11 months ago #26148 by AHVLI
Hi again Douglas,

My CTO just told me that it didn't cost anything back when it was implemented. Could the extension have been for free a few years ago?

1 year 11 months ago #26149 by support
Dear Kevin,

I've checked and there's no subscription from anyone @ahv.li.

There has never been a free Contact Enhanced subscription, therefore you probably downloaded an unlicensed package.

Software piracy is dangerous because hackers might inject code in order to spy, collect information, create ransomware, etc. Always purchase software directly from its developer in order to support the developer and stay safe.

I'd appreciate it if you could purchase a new Contact Enhanced PRO subscription for at least one year.

Best regards,

1 year 11 months ago #26150 by AHVLI
Hi Douglas,

Oh my god! I apologize for the negligence of my predecessor! I will buy a subscription right away to rectify this. Know that neither me, nor our CTO condone piracy and did not know about this, that's all my predecessors doing. I hope you can forgive it :)

Best Regards,
Kevin

1 year 11 months ago #26151 by AHVLI
Update: I have purchased a subscription for Contact Enhanced PRO. Thank you for your support!

1 year 11 months ago #26154 by support
Thank you for supporting our work!

Let me know if you have any further question.