Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Testing Contact Enhanced Alpha & Beta for Joomla 4

1 year 11 months ago #26144 by support
Dear mickelb,

The iStoreLocator plugin should be working for Joomla 4.

I have tested changing the category parameter and I get the desired result. I suspect you have caching enabled and it might be causing this issue. While under development I suggest disabling Joomla Cache and the Cache plugin or clearing the cache after each change. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

IStoreLocator automatically sets the zoom level depending on the number of markers you have on the map, but you can override the first load zoom using the zoom parameter, just like you've done.

Have a blessed weekend,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #26152 by theblackbubble
Re CE Feedback plugin - I'm updating a client site to J4 and they would like the CE Feedback plugin to be used to access a quote form. I've added the plug and activated it, but cannot get it to show on the live development site - classicstamford.jdevcloud.com

Checking the code, it appears to be there, but not showing. I'm building using the JS Helix Ultimate template for J4

I'm also finding that the CE Module cannot be displayed when using the JS SP PageBuilder module, but that's not the end of the world as I appreciate CE is still in Beta.

Any help on the CE Feedback would be appreciated ;)

1 year 11 months ago #26155 by support
I get the following error when I try to access your site:
This site can’t be reached
Check if there is a typo in classicstamford.jdevcloud.com.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Regarding CE Feedback, I believe I might have found the problem and I'll send the fix to your email address in a few minutes.

As for SP PageBuilder module, Contact Enhanced module should work properly. Is it working correctly on a regular Joomla module position?

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: theblackbubble

1 year 11 months ago #26156 by trlbldr
I started this thread THREE (3) MONTHS AGO - all I asked for was the Joomla 4 Release Candidate for Contact Enhanced. THREE MONTHS have passed and there's NO Joomla 4 Release for CE. Instead, my thread has been hijacked by complaints and suggestions concerning Alpha and Beta versions.
I NEED the Joomla 4 CE Release - NOT an Alpha or Beta version. I don't need or seek innovative ways to make plugins like CE Feedback or IStoreLocator work. Those questions should have been submitted using Support Tickets.
So, when will we have the Joomla 4 Release for CE???

Don White
Sr. Technical Communicator

1 year 11 months ago #26157 by theblackbubble
Thanks Douglas - the site URL is classicstamford.jdevcloud.com and I'll keep an eye out for the email ;)

As for the module, I've set-up an SP Page Builder test page here - classicstamford.jdevcloud.com/component/sppagebuilder/page/40

Two modules on the left with a native J! module and 3rd party G review module. The CE module should appear on the right - one contact form is what I'm expecting.

Douglas - I completely appreciate the time and effort you are taking in the development of the CE application. Given Adobe still don't have all their application running native on Apple silicon TWO years after all developers were notified about the change (and I suspect they knew even earlier!) I think a beta right now is great!

Apology for irritating @trlbldr and if I had appreciated it was your personal thread in this public forum, I would have started a fresh one and/or raised a support ticket as a subscriber ;)

1 year 11 months ago #26158 by mickelb
I make no apology. Much better to have a single thread on the subject. At least some of us have been testing the Alpha and Beta versions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theblackbubble

1 year 11 months ago #26159 by trlbldr
At least some understand and use snark, too.

Don White
Sr. Technical Communicator

1 year 11 months ago #26160 by support
@trlbldr,
Believe me, it's in my best interest to release Contact Enhanced as soon as possible. I'm working as hard as I can.
I'm sorry I let your post be "hijacked". I've split this forum thread into two. Please unsubscribe from this thread, this way you won't receive the notifications you don't want.

There are hundreds of possible server & template configurations, that's why user testing is so crucial, so we can test with at least some configuration and avoid problems. I would say Contact Enhanced is ready for Production, however other users just raised issues with SP Page Builder and another template engine.

@theblackbubble
For some reason, your site is not opening from my Linux computer (using Chrome or Firefox in regular and incognito mode). It only works from a windows computer within the same network. Is there any firewall setting that might be blocking the request from Linux or UNIX computers?
There was an incompatibility with your template and CE Feedback. I've fixed it and it will be included in the next release I'll release today.
As for the SP Page Builder, I'm not sure why it's not working. I assume you are using the Dynamic mode, which will only load when the Contact Enhanced Component is loaded. In this case, please set the Mode to Normal in the module options and it will display correctly.

1 year 11 months ago #26161 by support
I've updated the package. I've implemented a few fixes and among other changes included the Canned Answers feature in a much easier way to use it.

Remember, We're rewriting the extension, not just creating a compatible version with Joomla! 4, therefore it takes longer to implement and test each feature.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a blessed weekend.

1 year 11 months ago #26162 by mickelb
Just tried beta-2 as a package update on contacts and categories set up in beta. All contacts and categories are listed.

Now if a menu is linked to list contacts in a category I get a 404 error.

1 year 11 months ago #26163 by support
Dear mickelb,

Thanks for testing.

This problem was caused due to the latest changes created by the Canned Answers. I have fixed it and released a new version.

This week I have implemented and tested the upgrade script, for users upgrading from Joomla 3. I have also fixed other errors I have found.

Next week I plan to test it and release the Release Candidate.

Best regards,

1 year 11 months ago #26187 by support
Greetings,

I couldn't find any 404 error on your site.

Which Joomla and Contact Enhanced versions are you using?

Please provide a direct link to the page where you're getting the 404 error.

Best regards