Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Form doesn't send (and other problems)

1 year 5 months ago #26593 by vonbrink
Hi Douglas,

We've implemented the Contact Enhanced plugin on our client's website and we're experiencing three problems:
  1. Somehow the form does not send when you click the submit button.
  2. We've been trying to override the text that's shown in the error messages (for example "This field is required"). We've overridden the constant "COM_CONTACTENHANCED_VALIDATION_ERROR_EMAIL", but somehow we can't get the form to respond to our Joomla! overrides.
  3. We can't edit any of the e-mail templates. Besides not being able to delete any templates, we also get blank fields when we want to edit them.

Do you have any suggestions? The website's URL is vvecuracao.com .

Kind regards,

Willem Vonhof
VONBRINK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #26594 by support
Dear Willem,

1. The Subject field is set to hidden and it's required. Either remove the Subject field or set it to display and the form will submit.
2. You actually need to add an override for the
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_VALIDATION_ERROR_REQUIRED="This field is required."
3. The email templates have changed a little bit, now you have to click on the template flag to edit the template in your language (if you are using a multi-language) or click on the New button to create a new template of the same type.

Best regards,
Attachments:

1 year 5 months ago #26598 by vonbrink
Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your reply!

1. That did the trick! Thank you!
2. Both overrides (COM_CONTACTENHANCED_VALIDATION_ERROR_EMAIL and COM_CONTACTENHANCED_VALIDATION_ERROR_REQUIRED) don't have any effect. Also if I add the overrides to English. Could it be that there's some communication problem between the language overrides and the component?
3. When I click on a flag all the fields are still blank, also after I added some custom HTML. It looks like there's something going on with the editing mode, since I also can't delete any of the templates.

Kind regards,

Willem Vonhof
VONBRINK

1 year 5 months ago #26599 by support
Dear Willem,

1. Great! ;-)
2. That's odd. I have just tested the Brazilian Portuguese > site override for COM_CONTACTENHANCED_VALIDATION_ERROR_REQUIRED and it worked. Anyway, I have just checked and this string is already translated into Dutch (nl-NL) and should have been installed when you install Contact Enhanced. If it didn't install, please unzip the download package and copy the file from /site/language/nl-NL to your Joomla folder /languages/nl-NL/.
3. That's odd. Can you create a full backup and provide administrator access, so I can take a closer look? You can send the credentials using the Support > Contact Form.
The default templates cannot be deleted anymore.

Best regards,

1 year 5 months ago #26606 by vonbrink
Hi Douglas,

2. The com_contactenhanced.ini file was already installed, but just to be sure I uploaded the file manually. Sadly, without any result! Somehow I can't get the error messages to display in Dutch. Is there anything I'm missing?
3. I've made you an administrator account and sent you the credentials via the contact form.

I look forward to your response!

Kind regards,

Willem Vonhof
VONBRINK