Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Canned Answers / CC&BCC Adresses

1 year 2 months ago #26765 by trlbldr
Regarding CE Pro 4.3.6 running on Joomla 4.2.6, PHP 8.1, MySQLi

This image shows several areas where problems occurred, particularly with adding a CC and BCC addee as well as using a Canned Answer.

This screen shot shows that there are Canned Answers available - although none of these show in the Reply section for a received contact email. These were created using CE Pro prior to the Joomla 4 upgrade.

Help.

Don White

Don White
Sr. Technical Communicator
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #26766 by support
Dear Don,

I couldn't reproduce the issues reported with Canned Answers, CC and BCC fields.

Is there any javascript error in the Browser's console?

As for the Reply template, please go to Components > Contact Enhanced > Templates and create a new Reply Template ( See screenshot ).
Then, edit the Component Options and under the Templates tab Change Reply Template setting.

Best regards,

1 year 2 months ago #26767 by trlbldr
Douglas,

You asked if my Browser console has any javascript error? The browser I use is Firefox (109.0). If Mozilla has published this version with any javascript error,
  • I don't know of it
  • It only applies when I'm logged in to the admin backend of this Joomla 4 website and attempt to reply to a user message sent via CE Pro.
I am not a programmer. At heart and by professional history, I'm an (intelligence/system) analyst with decent design and writing.skills. These problems that I've reported were not problems prior to the implementation of the Joomla 4 upgrade. I followed the Joomla team instructions and disabled CE Pro (among other components) before executing the J4 upgrade. Following that, I installed the updated J4-release of CE Pro and activated it in the backend.

That's when these problems began.

To my uneducated eye, the only resolution seems to be:
  • Completely remove CE Pro from this website
  • Scan the Administrator and Component folders for any CE Pro-related files & remove them
  • Install f fresh copy of the latest CE Pro version
  • Configure it
  • Activate it
  • Rebuild the Contact structure to comply with the organization's requirements

Of course, this will remove all archived contact emails and be something like a real pain to me. But, what the heck?

Sincerely,

Don

Don White

1 year 2 months ago #26770 by support
Dear Don,

I'm sorry I should have provided clearer information.

You can open the Firefox Browser Console in one of two ways:

1. from the menu: select “Browser Console” from the Browser Tools submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on macOS).

2. from the keyboard: press Ctrl + Shift + J (or Cmd + Shift + J on a Mac).

If there is any error in the console, please copy and paste here or provide a screenshot.

Depending on the issue, reinstalling the component might not fix it. That's why I rather first check if there's any JavaScript error in the Browser console.

I know some clients cannot provide Administrator access, but it might help if you can speed things up if you can provide Joomla administrator access. You can just reply to this new post EMAIL notification with the credentials.

Best regards,

1 year 2 months ago #26773 by trlbldr
Douglas, the screenshot from Firefox | Browser Console shows:

If that's helpful, fine. Of course, I've set Firefox to open using my personal business website and I use HTTPS across the board.

Regarding your previous suggestion concerning creation of a new CE Pro Reply template (for usncva.org )...

I did but the configuration I used (SMTP) and its subelements did not "take". When I receive a message on that website and attempt to reply, CE Pro is now set to use the new Reply template, but I believe it will use PHPmail instead of SMTP.

I also recreated "new" Canned Answers from the originals and deleted the originals. I'll see if I can use the "new" canned answers.

That's all from me. Still cannot figure why adding CC or BCC addressees. Perhaps now it's possible. Don't know.

Cheers,

Don

Don White
Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #26776 by support
Dear Don,

When there's a javascript error on a page it might block other scripts from running. The CC and BCC fields and the Canned Answers use Javascript to load.
Just to be clear, you took that screenshot after loading a message in the Contact Enhanced > Recoded Messages page. Correct?
There's a javascript error, but it seems to be related to a Firefox extension and not a JS file used by any Joomla extension. I expected to see a Javascript error that could prevent Contact Enhanced scripts from running, but I don't think that error would do that.
Can you try to use another browser, for testing purposes?

For example, you can display the Browser's console on Google Chome by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J or using the F12 key.

Regarding CE Reply template, if I understood correctly you have Enabled the Mail Settings under the Options tab on the Template edit page. You can leave it disabled in order to use the default Joomla Mail settings;

Best regards,