Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Update failure from ver 3.12.1 to ver 3.13

1 year 2 months ago #26781 by adiehm
I have multiple sites have this error. It looks like 100% failure across 100+ sites

Warning
Error connecting to the server: 401

Error
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from IdealExtensions.com/?extension...task=update&joomlaversion=3.10 .

Clearing update cache and finding updates again has no impact

Please advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #26782 by support
I'm not sure why the dm variable is missing on your sites. Contact Enhanced automatically adds the dm variable to the update site when Contact Enhanced is installed. It's unique to each site and helps us identify your site prior to the update.

If the Get Updates setting is enabled in Contact Enhanced Options under the Advanced tab, then Contact Enhanced will automatically add the dm variable to the update site when you access Contact Enhanced Dashboard or Tools menu. See screenshot

Best regards,

1 year 2 months ago #26783 by adiehm
When I look in the Joomla Admin Update Sites list I have 2 entries for CE, one with a DM variable and one with out

Contact Enhanced Updates
idealextensions.com/?extension...ntactenhanced&output=updatexml

Contact Enhanced
idealextensions.com/?extension...pbmcuY29tLmF1&output=updatexml
pid=4&dm=YWR2YW5jZWRtZXRhbGN1cnZpbmcuY29tLmF1

I've tried disabling the entry without the DM variable and clearing the Update Cache but no Updates are found.

Rebuilding the update sites looses all entries for CE and no updates can be found

I then reinstalled ver 3.12.1

I now have one entry in the Update Sites, It has a DM variable in the update string but its not set up correctly ie its not stored in the "Extra_query" field in the table "xxxxx_update_sites"

Contact Enhanced
idealextensions.com/?extension...pbmcuY29tLmF1&output=updatexml

rebuilding the "update Sites" lists removes all entries for CE - I have to save CE Options to resurrect this entry

Joomla now shows no updates are available for CE - there was an entry for 3.13 earlier on ??

If I attempt to download directly from Ideal Extensions I can only Download ver 3.12.1. Ver 3.13 does not seem to exist ??

1 year 2 months ago #26784 by support
Dear adiehm,

I believe I know what's causing this issue. Contact Enhanced 3.13 was only released for the PRO package and you might be downloading the PLUS package for the particular site.

On Wednesday I'll update the LITE and PLUS packages, then let me know if the problem persists.

Best regards,

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #26822 by adiehm
Is there a fix for this yet - I have dozens of sites that fail to update.
They all seem to have 2 entries for CE in the Update sites
Contact Enhanced
idealextensions.com/?extension=com_contactenhanced&pid=4&dm= [MY KEY]&output=updatexml

Contact Enhanced Updates
idealextensions.com/?extension...ntactenhanced&output=updatexml
Its the second one that in the Update list- without the PID - which is probably why its not working.

unpublishing #2 in update sites does not work - No required updates are found.

Rebuilding the Update Sites removes both CE entries (this a is a bug that needs to be fixed)
Saving the CE options will puts CE entry #3 into the update sites.
Contact Enhanced
idealextensions.com/?extension=com_contactenhanced&pid=4&dm= [MY KEY]&output=updatexml

Searching for Updates finds no updates available for CE which is correct according to the update URL, XML file shows latest version for J3.10 to ve CE ver 3.12.1 which is wrong (seems to be a error in your update XML file)

The only solution that seems to work is to download CE 3.13 Plus and install it manually.

I have close to 90 sites running CE 3.12.1 that need to be updated and i'm not keen to do all this manual rework again

This seems to be a regular issue with CE - This is not the first time I've had to rebuild the Update Sites data and manually re-install CE. Rebuilding the Update Sites on J3 id fraught with danger as there is no way of knowing if every other extension has been added to the list correctly, This Joomla functionality seems to work better these day but in the past you typically lost all the update keys.

DO you have a fix to get the update for 3.13 Plus to work?
Are you going to make CE compliant with the Joomla Update process i.e. use an update key rather than the crazy system currently employed (there is no renew subscription for CE, only create a new one with no domains and leaving My Downloads in CE with a trail of previous purchases not renewed)

1 year 2 months ago #26825 by support
Dear adiehm,

Joomla Update sites with the extra query parameter were not working properly when we implemented our own method to add the query parameter. Back then the extra query parameter was removed every time the update sites were refreshed. I have just tested it now and it's keeping the extra query parameter, so I have changed the component for the next version and it will now use the update sites extra query instead of our own method. This fix will be applied with the next update.

Also, it should now find the version 3.13.1 update. You won't have to update it manually, you'll just need to visit Contact Enhanced's Dashboard to rebuild CE's Update site and find the update before updating.

I have disabled your expired subscriptions.
There's already a renewal system in place. Every time you need to renew your subscription, go to My Account > My Downloads and click on the renew button (even if your subscription is already expired), this way you'll keep your domains configuration.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.