Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Missing French and Dutch Translation Strings

1 year 2 months ago #26795 by ratooren
Hi,
Your new update for contact enhanced version 4.3.6.1 is again not totally translated. On my different languages some settings are again not translated. For example: Fields marked with * are required
I will do i t by hand but may be something to change for future updates?

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #26796 by ratooren
Hi,
Looked into the translation files and for example French i see:
CE_FORM_SEND="Envoyez mail"
CE_FORM_REQUIRED_SIGN_LABEL="Merci de remplir les champs obligatoires <span class=requiredsign>%s</span>"
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_SUBMITTING_FORM="Le formulaire est transmis..."
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_FIELD_IS_REQUIRED="Champ %s est obligatoire."
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_EMAIL_FORM="Formulaire de contact"
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_CONTACT_EMAIL_A_COPY_LABEL="Envoyez une copie à vous meme"

So the translation is present but in the form after the update some fields are not translated, see screenshot.
So now i don't know why the translation from the ini file isn't picked up.
Strangly the SEND button isn't translated but the CANCEL button is.

As in the dutch version: Fields marked with * are required, is not translated and in in the French version it is: Merci de remplir les champs obligatoires *

Kindly look into it please.

Thanks Ron

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

1 year 2 months ago #26799 by support
Dear Ron,

I have just tested the French Language and the Send button is being translated for me. See screenshot .

Contact Enhanced automatically created the Send button if it is not manually created by you. However, if you create the Send button Form Field type, then have full control of the button label. Have you created the Button Form Field?

I noticed the CE_FORM_REQUIRED_SIGN_LABEL string is also translated into Dutch and it's loading correctly for me ( see screenshot ). I'm not sure why it's not loading for you.

Have you made any changes to the translation .ini files? If so, the ini file might not be formatted correctly and only a few language strings are loading. You'd need to fix it or upload the Language files again by reinstalling the component or just copying the language file from the installation package to your Joomla site.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

1 year 2 months ago #26800 by ratooren
Hi Douglas,

Can you point me to be sure to the correct language file which i've to check?

I will dig into it and keep you posted.

The strange thing is that before the update all was translated well (based on our previous discussion about translation). and no after the update something (at least at my site) aren't translated any more. So the update did change something.

I don't know exactly what you mean by: However, if you create the Send button Form Field type, then have full control of the button label. Have you created the Button Form Field?
I don't remember creating anything "special" As ar as i know the buttons are coming from the form itself.

Thanks Ron

1 year 2 months ago #26801 by support
Dear Ron,

The language files you need to check are:
[Path to Joomla]/languages/fr-FR/com_contactenhanced.ini
[Path to Joomla]/languages/nl-NL/com_contactenhanced.ini

To replace the files, unzip the Contact Enhanced installation package and get the French and Dutch language directories from /site/languages/, and upload them to [path to Joomla]/languages/
If you are upgrading from Joomla 3, then you can safely remove the language folder from the component directory. The folder below should have been removed automatically:
[Path to Joomla]/components/com_contactenhanced/languages/

Contact Enhanced Send Buttons:
If you don't know what I'm talking about you probably haven't created a custom button, but you can make sure by going to Contact Enhanced > Form Fields and search for Button Form Field Type. If you haven't created any then you can just ignore this instruction.

Best regards