Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

0 Too few Arguments

10 months 3 weeks ago #26935 by blue_Shift
Not sure where this came from...

(Updating a J3 site and working on a nearly finished J4 replacement). J 4.3.2, php 8.2, ce plus 4.3.12)

Too few arguments to function plgContactenhancedCustomcode::onValidateContact(), 2 passed in /var/www/vhosts/--domain-redacted--/httpdocs/libraries/src/Plugin/CMSPlugin.php on line 284 and exactly 3 expected

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 3 weeks ago #26936 by support
Dear blue_Shift,

I have just checked and the onValidateContact() for Joomla 4 only accepts 2 arguments.

I believe I know what's happening. You used to subscribe to CE PRO, which includes the Contact Enhanced > Custom Code plugin and you've updated using the CE PLUS, which doesn't include this plugin. That's why you are getting this error.

I'm not sure which script you are running when we trigger the onValidateContact(), but you can check it in the Plugin Options.

You have two options:
1. Disable or uninstall the Contact Enhanced > Custom Code plugin
2. Upgrade to Contact Enhanced PRO.

Best regards,

10 months 3 weeks ago #26937 by blue_Shift
That site was not using any custom code, anyway. but the multiple file uploads is now giving us "Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\Folder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths" (I had to manually create the uploadedfiles folder in the default location)

Is this related to the Fail2Ban incompatibility you mention in your documentation?

10 months 3 weeks ago #26938 by support
I don't think this is related to Fail2Ban, but you are welcome to check if your hosting provider uses Fail2ban.
open_basedir PHP directive defaults to allow all directories. You can check your server's open_basedir by going to System >
System Information > PHP Information and search for open_basedir.

A possible solution is to enable the FTP layer from System > Global Configuration > Server tab > FTP Settings. Add FTP details (host, username, and password) for a user with access to your server.

I'm not able to test it myself because I can't reproduce the error, but by enabling the FTP layer Joomla should be able to overcome this server's limitations.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

10 months 3 weeks ago #26939 by blue_Shift
It's our own server and it IS running Fail2Ban.

It appears we can specifically permission that folder in open_basdir

Attachments:

10 months 3 weeks ago #26940 by blue_Shift
Better image showing other folder(se) in open_basedir

Attachments:

10 months 3 weeks ago #26941 by support
Dear blue_shift,

Apparently, Joomla should have access to the entire webspace root, so it should work.
Did you try the FTP Layer?

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: blue_Shift

10 months 3 weeks ago #26942 by blue_Shift
I couldn't see a way to add FTP layer post hoc in Joomla 4, so we relocated the uploads folder to the root (with a weird name) so we could permission specifically without getting too deep into the site. It's working now.