Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Confirmation Message

14 years 11 months ago #177 by grupposis
I follow your FAQ to configure a confirmation message but it doesn't work! :(

The validation works! Here is my template file and my css:

Template HTML:
<div id="content">
<div id="nav"><jdoc:include type="modules" name="suckerfish" style="rounded" /></div>
<div id="content_left"><?php if($this->countModules('left')) : ?><jdoc:include type="modules" name="left" style="rounded" /><?php endif; ?></div>
<div id="content_middle"><jdoc:include type="component" /><jdoc:include type="message" /></div>
<div id="content_right"><?php if($this->countModules('right')) : ?><jdoc:include type="modules" name="right" style="rounded" /><?php endif; ?></div>
</div>

CSS:
/* Form validation */
.invalid, input.invalid { border-color: #ff0000; }
label.invalid { color: #ff0000; }

#system-message dt {font-weight:bold;}
#system-message dd {font-weight:bold;margin:0;text-indent:30px;}
#system-message{margin-bottom:10px;padding:0;}
#system-message dd ul {border-bottom:3px solid #84A7DB;
border-top:3px solid #84A7DB;
color:#0055BB;list-style-image:none;list-style-position:outside; list-style-type:none;margin-bottom:10px;padding:10px;}
#system-message dt.message,
#system-message dt.error,
#system-message dt.notice {display:none;}
#system-message dd.error ul {
background-color:#E6C0C0; border-bottom:3px solid #DE7A7B; border-top:3px solid #DE7A7B;color:#CC0000;}
#system-message dd.notice ul {
background:#EFE7B8 none repeat scroll 0 0;border-bottom:3px solid #F0DC7E; border-top:3px solid #F0DC7E;color:#CC0000;}
#system-message dd.message ul{
background:#C3D2E5 url(/../images/notice-info.png) no-repeat scroll 4px center;}
#system-message dd.notice ul{
background:#EFE7B8 url(/../images/notice-note.png) no-repeat scroll 4px center;}
#system-message dd.error ul{
background:#E6C0C0 url(/../images/notice-alert.png) no-repeat scroll 4px center;}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #178 by grupposis
The CSS code is in the bottom of the file, is it correct? Or it must be on a specified section? Thanks

14 years 11 months ago #180 by douglas
Dear Grupposis,

It shouldn't matter.

What is your website url?

You placed the <jdoc:include type="message" /> after it shows the component, so it will show on the bottom. I believe that if you place the message before the <jdoc:include type="component" /> it will display correctly.

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #181 by grupposis
Tried <jdoc:include type="message" /> first but still doesn't work! the URL is:
www.grupposis.it

www.grupposis.it/iscrizione-roadmap.html

Joomla ver. 1.5.10 NO legacy mode.

14 years 11 months ago #182 by douglas
Dear Grupposis,

I've just opened ja_putity (the template that comes with Joomla made by JoomlArt) to see how they accomplished this.

It was actually much simpler. Try this:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo JURI::base(); ?>templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo JURI::base(); ?>templates/system/css/general.css" type="text/css" />

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #206 by grupposis
I have added the code to my template index.php but still doesn't work. Where i have to add the code?

i tried to insert it into the head tag anf into the div middle tag....

14 years 11 months ago #207 by grupposis
Another question is possible to change the object of the email in any of the form? I have 3 different form and i need 3 emali object. Thanks

14 years 11 months ago #209 by grupposis
I have done a lot of try for the confirmation message...and to make it simple can you add to the code a simple javascript alert that when the user press the send button said the message? Thank You

14 years 11 months ago #210 by douglas
Dear Gruposis,

1- The code(<link />) goes into the <head> tag.
2- By object, do you mean subject? For the next version I'm planning to add all Fields as Custom Fields. Then you will be able to add different subjects to each contact category.
3- I'll work on a Javascript Alert confirmation and send it to you by the end of the day.

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #212 by grupposis
Yes the subject of the email that the user recive, i am waiting for the javascript alert, thank you very much!

14 years 11 months ago #252 by grupposis
Any news here? i'don't have recived the javascript yet, anyway what about the email subject? Thank You

14 years 11 months ago #253 by douglas
I'm sorry for the delay. It took longer than I expected and it was harder then I expected.

For the Javascript Alert:
Please unpack the attached file and upload to:
[joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/views/contact/view.html.php
[joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/views/contact/tmpl/default.php
[joomla]/administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/confix.xml

You have to set the CE configuration parameter "Thank you message" to "Javascript Alert".

About the different default subjects:
It requires a major change to the core of my component and I have to ask you to wait a little longer. I plan to start working on a new version in two weeks, and I'll add that to my to do list.

Regards,

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.