Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Very Slow Form Submission

14 years 11 months ago #233 by Kanguru
Hi,
I have installed all components and added a number of custom fields to the form, all working and sending correctly...

The problem I am experiencing is that the form page hangs for a minimum of 3 minutes on submit.... then reloads and shows the confirmation message. This just seems a bit long. This occurs with or without the captcha plugin and I am unsure why this is occurring!

The form is received very quickly within 30 secs however the form page still continues to be hanging.... for up to 3 minutes every time it is submitted!!

Is there a way to force the page to redirect on submission (which is preferred) or reduce the time the page hangs ???

Can you explain why the form takes so long to complete processing?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

Kanguru

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #237 by douglas
Dear Kanguru,

As I read your problem description it seemed to me that I had an incorrect looping, however I double checked and every thing seems to be ok.

You are the first one that reported this issue, so I assume that might be a particular CE or Joomla configuration.

Please help me debug:
Have you changed any of the default CE parameters; which ones?
Which mailer are you using? PHP mail function, SendMail or SMTP Server? To check this you have to go to Site -> Global Configuration: Server Tab -> Mail Settings;

If it is a PHP Mail function please change to Sendmail and the other way around.

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #238 by Kanguru
Hi,

I was using PHP Mail Function, and changed to test with sendmail, which resulted in a what seems a continuous loop as the page has not reloaded after ten minutes!!... so this is worse.

default parameters CE

Show sent email No
Show User Info No

Global Configuration
Enable CAPTCHA Enable
Show sent email No
Show User Info No

Icons/Text
Address Icon
E-mail Icon
Telephone Icon
Mobile Icon
Fax Icon
Miscellaneous Icon

Show Table Headings Show
Show Contact's Position Show
Show E-mail Address Show
Show Telephone Number Show
Show Mobile Number Show
Show Fax Number Show

Enable vCard No

Banned E-mail
Banned Subject
Banned Text
Session Check No
Custom Reply No

Any further ideas???

Cheers

14 years 11 months ago #239 by douglas
Sorry for the delay, I was having an internet connection problem here.

Can you please unpublish all Custom fields and try to submit the form?

If you want, you can provide an administrator account so I can perform these tests.

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #250 by Kanguru
Hi,
Tried unpublishing all custom fields, and form submitted fine... started adding fields and seems same problem exists after adding more than 7 fields... doesnt matter what type of field they are, it will not submit correctly with more than 7 custom fields... is there a restriction or maybe something in the code that would loop after 7 custom fields?

Any ideas?

cheers

14 years 11 months ago #251 by douglas
Dear Kanguru,

There is no such limitation!
I'll take a closer look on the code and will do some more benchmark and stress test this afternoon.

You said that it happens even with captcha, so I'll igonre captcha on my test.

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #254 by douglas
Dear Kanguru,

I've tested here this afternoon and had no problem.
What's your website's URL?

Regards,