Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Where to find the ALIAS for translation of custom fields?

14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #327 by micu
Hello,
I would like to translate my custom fields in Contact Enhanced into different languages.
I have just read the instructions how to "translate any Joomla component", but I have a bit of a problem locating the "ALIAS" strings for the custom fields.
I don't have any experience in programming, so if there is some sort of template ini-file I could use, it would be perfect. :)
I'd be grateful for any help!
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #330 by douglas
Dear Micu,

What is your site URL?

Let's say that one of your custom field is "Your website URL", then you are going to have to add the following line to com_contact_enhanced.ini language files for all languages:
YOUR WEBSITE URL=Your website URL

Your language files are located at:
[Joomla]/language/en-GB/

I Hope it is clear enough.

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #333 by micu
Hello Douglas,
I have a custom field with a Selectlist, so not only the name, but also the values need to be translated.
The name of the field is "How did you find my site?" and one value is "Someone referred me here".

For the text to change in this example, do I copy the file "en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini" and add the lines:
HOW DID YOU FIND MY SITE=Translation for that
and
SOMEONE REFERRED ME HERE=Translation for that

and then save the file with a different name (for example "sv-SE.com_contact_enhanced.ini"), in the [Joomla]/language/sv-SE/ directory?

I tried this without luck, so I am doing something wrong. :(
I also tried to create a new directory named sv-SE in /components/com_contact_enhanced/language/ where I saved the file, but no success.
(I do have a sv-SE core language pack.)

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Thank you for the help!

14 years 10 months ago #335 by douglas
Dear Camilla,

You saved it correctly! It should be in the folder [Joomla]/language/sv-SE/.

It probably didn't work because when you have a question mark in the label you also need to have in your Localization string. So to translate "How did you find my site?" you would do:

HOW DID YOU FIND MY SITE?=Translation for that?

I've just tested it again in my local server and it works! Make sure that your language files are saved as UTF-8.

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #336 by micu
I added the question mark to the name field, and now it works like a charm! Thank you!
Kind regards.