Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

emails into the void?

14 years 10 months ago #328 by keenenbk
I am testing my contact enhanced and the emails never make it to my inbox, nor does the email that I checked to come to the submitters address.

I do have Captcha disabled because I have yet to install my gd image library. DO i have to have the captcha enabled for it to all work? If not, where are my emails going? I have checked the scripts and the email addresses in cpanel and they all seem to be correct.

Any ideas?

www.fhaassistanceonline.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #329 by douglas
Dear Keenen,

It should work even without the CAPTCHA plugin.

Which Mailer are you using? Take a look at the Joomla System configuration.

Also, did the regular Joomla Contact component work?

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #339 by keenenbk
I have had my hosting provider add the GD image library. They said captcha should be working fine now....it's not ......I get a red x where the image should be. I also cant get the emails sent through. I must be doing something wrong, because the emails work fine for another site I have done. I dont think I have done anything different.

So at this point I have no captcha or email.

Please help. I think its a great product and really want to get it working.

Cheers,

Keenen

fhaassistanceonline.com

14 years 10 months ago #344 by douglas
Dear Keenen,

I'm commited to make this work for you too.

It looks like GD library is not enabled. It might even be installed by I don't beleive that it is enabled (http server must be restarted), please see:
fhaassistanceonline.com/plugin...ecureimage/securimage_show.php
It should look like this:
ideal.fok.com.br/plugins/conte...ecureimage/securimage_show.php

This other web site that you have Contact Enhanced working is on the same server?

Did the Joomla core Contact component work?
Which Mailer are you using? Please take a look at the Joomla System configuration;

Regards

14 years 10 months ago #345 by keenenbk
Good news! I got the Captcha Working.
The GD support was enabled with my host, however, suPHP was preventing this script from running due to permissions restrictions.

This may help others in the future.

The email is still not working.

14 years 10 months ago #346 by douglas
Dear Keenen,

Can you please answer the questions on my last post?

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #351 by keenenbk
sorry for my delay and not answering your questions. I figured I better try to figure this out on my own.

I still cant get it working.

Yes, i get emails from the standard Joomla contact form. I set up two on www.fhaassistanceonline
This is the standard Joomla contact form, and yes when I fill out a test it gets to me without any problems:

http://www.fhaassistanceonline.com/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=11

when you do a test for contact enhanced at
http://www.fhaassistanceonline.com/index.php?option=com_contact_enhanced&view=contact&id=1%3Ado-i-qualify-for-government-assistance&catid=8%3Aloan-assistance-department&Itemid=5

The email never gets to me nor do I get the confirmation email telling me that I sent it.

I dont know what mailer I am using. I simply went to email management tools and added the email address qualify@fhaassistanceonline.com then forwarded it to my gmail. This works for the standard contact form.

I am happy to give you access to my cpanel and site admin to see if you see anything wrong. I have my own VPS

Does this answer your questions?

Keenen