Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Map - automatic 'Locate in map'

11 years 11 months ago #11028 by lbridle
I'm rebuilding a couple of simple community business directory websites that were previously in WP. I have one with some 20,000 contacts yet to import to CE.

I've already done similar with a smaller 1,500 contact site. It generally worked very well and easy, yet have found that View Map provides a blank white modal pop-up until I go to each and every contact via back end and manually use the 'Locate in map' button - which works well.

Not really practical for my larger community site.

So very desirable for me is to automate the Locate function, so that users no longer have to do the one time 'Locate' for each contact.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #11040 by douglas
Dear lbridle,

The problem to create an "Auto Locate in Map" feature is that sometimes Google Maps do not find an exact match for the given address or the match is not accurate and you need to drag the marker to the correct location.

In order to implement this I would need to create a new view in the back-end, which means a lot of work. Because very few people have so many contacts, I believe this is a request for your specific situation, so If you wish I can implement this feature for you as custom job. If you are interested, please contact me by email using the Support -> Contact form.

All the best,

7 years 11 months ago #21396 by kkatsikas
I bought this software because it was sold as a system that would import thousands of contacts into a manageable system with ease. If I have to manually click "Locate in Map" on all of my thousands of contacts that is by no means EASY! Please tell me there has been a fix for this.

7 years 11 months ago #21400 by support
Dear kkatsikas

It is supposed to be easier to manage the contacts, but it doesn't have an option to geo locate in batch. I've started to implement this feature for you. Can you wait a day or two?

Best regards,

7 years 11 months ago #21401 by kkatsikas
I installed the replacement files you sent me and ran the geocoded and it “appeared” to work, however, it installed the same coordinates in every single contact. =(

7 years 11 months ago #21402 by support
Dear kkatsikas,

I have sent a new file with the fix and instructions to your email address.

Best regards,

7 years 11 months ago #21406 by kkatsikas
That worked! Thank you so much for your outstanding support! :)

7 years 5 months ago #22520 by ilan
Hi,

From this post seems that at the end of the day there is a way to do a batch "Locate in map". I just uploaded about 1,300 contacts and it would take me for ever to edit each one to press the button.

Is there a way to do this automatically?

Thanks
Ilan

7 years 5 months ago #22521 by support
Dear Ilan,

You can do this using iStoreLocator. If you don't use iStoreLocator, don't worry about it, it doesn't need to be enabled.

Make sure iStoreLocator is installed (it is included inside the Bonus folder in the downloaded zip PRO package).
Go to Extensions -> Plugins, edit Ideal Store Locator (iStoreLocator)
Then under the Location List tab set Source to com_contactenhanced and click on the "Get Missing Coordinates" button. See screenshot:
storage8.static.itmages.com/i/...8185392_6949482_f1a51a8e61.png

Best regards,