Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Form Displays on Every Page After Loading

12 years 2 months ago #10115 by RobJones
I have Ajax Contact installed and configured and it seems to be working correctly. Except: If I load the page with the form (it is only on the Contact Us page) but then navigate to another page without filling the form, the form will show up on each subsequent page. The only way to get the form to stop displaying is to navigate to the Home Page. Reloading a page doesn't remove it, nor does navigating to other pages. But i ONLY want the form to be visible on the Contact Us page.

Site Details:
Joomla version: 1.5.23
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Site URL: 174.121.0.194/~supportc/index.php

Can anyone suggest a way to correct this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #10116 by douglas
Dear RobJones,

Ajax Contact is a module and like any other module you choose where it will be displayed in the Module Manager.

Be sure to assign the module only to the pages (menu items) you want to display.

Best regards,

12 years 2 months ago #10119 by RobJones
Hi Douglas,

Thank you so much for the reply.

The module is only assigned to the Contact Us page. It will not show up on any other page unless I first navigate to the Contact Us page. Then it will show up on every page. If I never go the Contact Us page, it will never show up.

12 years 2 months ago #10120 by douglas
Dear Rob,

That's very strange.
Could it be a caching issue? Does it work correctly if you disable cache?

Best regards,

12 years 1 month ago #10173 by RobJones
Thanks to some great help from Douglas, the problem is solved.

All the menus in my site are custom HTML modules. I had the links directed to the actual Articles which was causing the problem. I changed the links to point to Menu Items instead and that fixed it.