Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

unexplained error

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #15493 by ianpanorton

Hi Douglas
My client has started getting an unexplained error when he submits the form in Windows 8, using IE.
He completes all the fields and the message is sent with a success report, but the error message appears every time, even using several different instances of the form.
I can't replicate this on a Mac or on a PC using Windows 7
I'm using Joomla 2.5.14.
I've attached a screenshot of the error message.

Any idea what's happening?

Thanks
Ian
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #15494 by douglas
Dear Ian,

That's really strange.

Is he using the latest Ajax Contact version?
Can you provide a direct link to the contact form, so I can take a closer look?

Best regards,

10 years 7 months ago #15499 by ianpanorton
Hi Douglas - sorry for the slow reply.

I'm using about six variations of the form throughout the site and he gets the same problem with them all.
The version is 3.0.3 for the package and 3.0.2 for the ...xml_DESC.
Here's the url: www.financingfirst.co.uk/newsi...&view=article&id=201&Itemid=21
The click here link is in the info paragraph at the foot of the page.
Many thanks
Ian

10 years 7 months ago #15512 by douglas
Dear Ian,

I do not have access to a Windows 8 computer right now, but I'll test it in the morning.

Best regards,

10 years 7 months ago #15514 by ianpanorton
Many thanks Douglas

10 years 7 months ago #15516 by ianpanorton
Hi Douglas - just heard back from my client, and the forms seem to work perfectly except with Windows 8 and explorer 10. Hope this helps...
Thanks
Ian

10 years 7 months ago #15517 by ianpanorton
Hi Douglas - just heard back again from my client.
It seems that IE 10 has changed the default settings and compatibility mode on my client's PC was automatically turned on. When he switched it off, the form worked properly.
Sorry to have bothered you with this, but at least you'll have the answer if anyone else comes up with the same problem.
Many thanks again for all your support,
Best wishes
Ian

10 years 7 months ago #15518 by douglas
Dear Ian,

I'm glad it is working and thanks for reporting the solution.

All the best,