Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Problem with Ajax Contact

10 years 6 months ago #15594 by douglas
Dear Iorbita,

I'm not sure what's wrong, but I'm working on a new version using jQuery instead of MooTools (Joomla changed the default Javascript library). Can you wait a week for a new version?

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #15595 by iorbita
...no problem, can you notify me when the new version is ready?

10 years 6 months ago #15599 by douglas
Dear Iorbita,

Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of any page. I'll send a newsletter once the new version is out.

You can also Like our Fanpage on Facebook.

Best regards,

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #16805 by iorbita
Hello,
I have again a problem with your module, I have to say that I'm not very lucky with this extension…
The first problem is related to my new website that i'm building.
The message is not sent and the animated gif runs continuously.
I tried several different settings but no message is sent.
The validation of fields before sending a message doesn't work too.

The second problem is in relation with my other website, I've this error message when I'm try to send a message "Module mod_ajaxcontact is not published, you do not have access to it, or it's not assigned to the current menu item."
Strange because the module is published, it's simply integrated in an article.

I know that you migrate from Mootools to jQuery maybe is there new settings has to do with this new version?
I'm on Joomla 3.2.2 and I use your last update of Ajax Contact.

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago #16806 by douglas
Dear iorbita,

1. Please provide a direct link, so I can take a look.

2. Ajax Contact uses the new Joomla core com_ajax, therefore your module needs to enabled in the current menu item. There seems to be a problem with the third party Advanced Module manager component. Do you use it?

Best regards,

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #16808 by iorbita
Hello,

1. Please provide a direct link, so I can take a look.

new-cdv18.lecercledesvoyageurs.com/index.php/infos

2. Ajax Contact uses the new Joomla core com_ajax, therefore your module needs to enabled in the current menu item. There seems to be a problem with the third party Advanced Module manager component. Do you use it?

Yes I use Advanced Module manager component but the problem has been resolved with the activation in the menu item, I forgot to activate it :blush:

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago #16809 by douglas
Dear Iorbita,

That's odd. The first error I get is:
"NetworkError: 404 Composant introuvable - http://new-cdv18.lecercledesvoyageurs.com/index.php?option=com_ajax&module=ajaxcontact&tmpl=component&format=json&method=sendEmail&...."

However com_ajax is a core Joomla component and should be there. Can you take a look using a FTP client if com_ajax is in /components/ directory?

When I try to submit for the second time I get:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Duplicate entry 'http://new-cdv18.lecercledesvoyageurs.com/index.php?option=com_a' for key 'idx_link_old' SQL=INSERT INTO `q50xi_redirect_links` (`old_url`,`new_url`,`referer`,`comment`,`hits`,`published`,`created_date`) VALUES ('http://new-cdv18.lecercledesvoyageurs.com/index.php?option=com_ajax&module=ajaxcontact&tmpl=component&format=json&method=sendEmail&module_id=137&Itemid=245&name=Douglas\'&email=machadoug@gmail.com&subject=TEST&text=TEST&ajax_contact_email_copy=1&pretext=Hello!&randomsuffix=5bb8fac09fa18fc5cea80e71aa662991&task=sendEmail&screen_resolution=1600x900&javascript_enabled=1&module_id=137&lang=fr-FR&adc677693af8c662b8d976a30062e6f1=1&submit=Envoye2r', '' ,'', '',1,0, '2014-03-09 17:43:21')' in /path/to/joomla/new-cdv18/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:605 Stack trace: #0 /path/to/joomla/new-cdv18/plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php(110): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute() #1 [internal function]: PlgSystemRed in /path/to/joomla/new-cdv18/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 605

Can you go to Extensions -> Redirect and delete all redirects containing com_ajax and remove from the trashed items as well?

Best regards,

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #16810 by iorbita
Hello,

However com_ajax is a core Joomla component and should be there. Can you take a look using a FTP client if com_ajax is in /components/ directory?

…the folder com_ajax is present.

Can you go to Extensions -> Redirect and delete all redirects containing com_ajax and remove from the trashed items as well?

..it's rather in Components -> Redirect. Anyway I deleted all redirects and removed from the trash but the problem is still there. :dry:

I must go out, I'm back in 2 hours, so I will not be able to reply to messages.

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago #16811 by douglas
Dear iorbita,

I'm not able to reproduce this error locally. When I access the link below I get a "404 - Component not found" error:
new-cdv18.lecercledesvoyageurs.com/index.php?option=com_ajax

1. Is the database up to date? You can check it at Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Database.
2. Are you using any "Security" plugin that may be blocking other scripts from running? AdminTools, for instance.

Best regards,

10 years 1 month ago #16813 by iorbita
Hello,

1. Is the database up to date? You can check it at Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Database.

There was a problem in the database, I got this message,: Table 'q50xi_modules' does not have column 'asset_id'. (From file 3.2.0.sql.), I fixed the problem and the error disappeared but still no way to send a message…

2. Are you using any "Security" plugin that may be blocking other scripts from running? AdminTools, for instance.

I uninstalled AdminTools and I have no other security plugin activated, but the problem is still there. :huh:

This is a recent installation of Joomla and there are currently not much extension installed.

10 years 1 month ago #16814 by douglas
Dear Iorbita,

You are still getting a 404 error on this page:
new-cdv18.lecercledesvoyageurs.com/index.php?option=com_ajax

That's why Ajax Contact is not working.

What the permission for the directory /components/com_ajax?

I'm trying to reproduce the error without any success here.

Best regards,

10 years 1 month ago #16815 by iorbita

What the permission for the directory /components/com_ajax?

...because you talked about security, this makes me think that my host (SiteGround) may have applied a safety filter (an additional layer of caching on the server), indeed the update of the CSS files on the remote server are excessively long. I'll contact them and will keep you informed.

Thank you