Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

ajax contact not working, displaying weird message!

10 years 1 month ago #16788 by Aryentain
Hi, i've tried for the very first time your module after purchising it, but it doesn't seems to work, it says something like this

Module mod_ajaxcontact is not published, you do not have access to it, or it's not assigned to the current menu item

i'm using advanced module manager, so i assign the module to show only in a joomla category (not a menu item) is it related with it? i need it to show in some joomla articles (in a module position), here is the live testing site:
www.arquespalacio.com.ar/pizza...-bars-for-the-not-so-squeamish

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #16789 by douglas
Dear Aryentain,

I've never seen this message before, but after an investigation I noticed this is thrown by Joomla if Joomla does not have access via the com_ajax. Can you test with this Advanced Module manager disabled?

in order to load a module in an article you can use the loadposition plugin:
docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F

Best regards

10 years 1 month ago #16790 by Aryentain
i don't find any other way to display the module with some articles (please see my test site as reference, i'm talking about the module position, not inside the article itself), if i disable advanced module manager i won't be able to show it.

10 years 1 month ago #16792 by Aryentain
Yes, i've found the same, it's a joomla bug, joomlacode.org/gf/project/joom..._id=8103&tracker_item_id=32166
do you have a workaround with ajax contact?

10 years 1 month ago #16797 by douglas
Dear Aryentain,

That's not the same problem.

I suggested to disable Advanced Module manager for testing purposes only.

I'm inspecting the source code and com_ajax does the following checks:
1- Is enabled and published?
2- Does the user have the permission?
3- Is the module assigned to the current Menu item OR to all menu items?

I believe the problem is with the 3rd check because Joomla uses the core JModuleHelper::getModule() function and Ajax Contact is not enabled for the current menu item.

Can you contact the Advanced Module Manager and ask them to provide a work around for extensions that use the Joomla com_ajax?

Best regards,