Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Latest version of AJAX contact 3.3 or 3.1?

8 years 11 months ago #19483 by ntcreation
Hi Douglas,

I've just paid for and downloaded AJAX contact again, to update it on my client's sites.

A little confused as the version installed said it was version 3.3, but now it says 3.1 - is this correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #19487 by douglas
Dear ntcreation,

Which Joomla version are you using?
The Ajax Contact download zip file has a different version for each Joomla version.
The latest Ajax Contact For Joomla 2.5 is 3.1.2. The latest version for Joomla 3.3 and newer is 3.3.1.

If you've installed the wrong version, there's no need to uninstall it, just install the correct version and it will override the files without overriding your settings (module options).

Best regards,

8 years 11 months ago #19490 by ntcreation
Joomla 3.3, all up to date.

See screenshot for what I was talking about - it seems your version strings have gone back to the future...
Attachments:

8 years 11 months ago #19492 by douglas
Dear ntcreation,

I couldn't find on your screenshot version 3.1

The screenshot shows version 3.3 for Ajax Contact, even though it should display 3.3.1. I have just checked the file mod_ajaxcontact.xml and it has the correct version number, so I'm not sure why Joomla is showing as version 3.3 instead of 3.3.1.

The Ajax Interface component (in your screenshot) is part of Joomla core.

Best regards,

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19494 by ntcreation
I wouldn't worry about it, this is before I've updated to the latest version. Just an anomaly I thought I'd report. I'll attach the original install file (which has 3.3 in the filename?)

8 years 11 months ago #19496 by douglas
Dear ntcreation,

I've removed the installation file, and yes, that says version 3.3 instead of 3.3.1 which is very strange because I have just downloaded Ajax Contact from my website and I get mod_site_ajaxcontact_3.3.1 inside the "Ajax Contact For Joomla 3.3+" folder.

I'm not sure what's happening.

Best regards,