Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Forwarded emails rejected by Gmail

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #24808 by iorbita
Hello,
I have a problem with messages that are forwarded from module Ajax Contact and this from toukoul.be domain.
It seems that messages are not authenticated when they are forwarded from the contact form, strange because the form has been running smoothly for several years...

To be more precise, form's messages are forwarded from info@mydomain.be email address to myemail@gmail.com email address, but I don’t know why now all messages are blocked by Gmail (only these coming from the contact form) and I have this type of message:
www.dropbox.com/s/mxv9yhrrxovcnc4/emailrejected.zip?dl=0

I contacted my web host (SiteGround) who certified me that the domain name has all the appropriate email authentication records (SPF, DKIM and DMARC).
He suggested me to configure the contact form to authenticate the forwarded emails.

I really don’t know where to start… how to prevent that messages forwarded from module Ajax Contact are rejected by Gmail?

Thank you for your help,

Lorenzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #24809 by iorbita
.... finally I tried another solution: I deleted email transfer from my host and I tested sending the message directly from Ajax Contact module by inserting Gmail address in “Blind Copy” field .... the message is not delivered...

Thank you for your help,

Lorenzo

5 years 2 months ago #24810 by support
Dear Lorenzo,

Authentication problems are usually solved by setting the Mailer to SMTP in Joomla Global Configuration. You must also enable Authentication. I also recommend using Encryption as well.

For more information, please read item #5 of this article .

Let us know if the problem persists,

5 years 2 months ago #24811 by iorbita
Hello and thank you for your reply,
I just found an alternative to work around the problem, instead of forwarding emails via my host, I added this email address in my Gmail accounts in order to check emails from another account and it seems to work well.
I come back to you if I decide to adopt your solution.

Thank you again,

Lorenzo