Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

spinning

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8564 by blue_Shift
When I submit a form via ajax contact, i get a spinning indicator - even though the mail is sent (and received). the bcc field is empty. Also, the captcha appears to be case sensitive, which is unusual. Also, the form doesn't clear.

ddg.designphase3.com/index.php/contact

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #8565 by douglas
Dear Blue_shift,

1. When you submit the form this page below is returning a 500 Internal Server Error:
ddg.designphase3.com/modules/mod_ajaxcontact/ajax.php
This type of error does not tell me much, however they add an entry to the Server Error Log.
Can you please contact your web hosting provider and ask what this error is about ?

2. The captcha is not case sensitive;
3. There is no clear button for the Ajax Contact form because it did not look good in several templates;

Best regards,

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8579 by blue_Shift
Server log...a lot of these (related to CE feedback)
[Mon Oct 24 09:07:42 2011] [error] [client 96.233.107.186]
File does not exist: <root>/plugins/system/cefeedback/images/feedback-red,
referer: ddg.designphase3.com/index.php/contact

on the form, even though I am entering the correct Captcha code, both case- and noncase-sensitive, I am getting:

Enter a message
952 characters left

Captcha ImageReload image
Validation code:
Error: Wrong validation code
Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8581 by blue_Shift
This one got through.... emailed from Chrome

but...as you can see, I still got an error message (and it IS case sensitive), and the form did not clear (I have it set to clear instantly). I expect there is a 'thank you' message that would have popped up?)

I may have to unpublish this and go back to what I had previously, though now I have deleted the moduletables I had built.

Error log from firefox reads:
[Mon Oct 24 09:59:48 2011] [error] [client 00.00.000.000] File does not exist: root/plugins/system/icaptcha/captcha_systems/securImage2/backgrounds/-1, referer: http://<root>/administrator/index.php?option=com_plugins&view=plugin&layout=edit&extension_id=10036

Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #8582 by douglas
Dear blue_Shift,

I see you are facing a problem, but I can guarantee you that the Captcha is not case sensitive. I suspect there is a session related problem.

Can you try the reCaptcha Library for testing purposes?
ReCaptcha does not uses server sessions.

Best regards,

12 years 5 months ago #8584 by blue_Shift
reCaptcha == FAIL in firefox. this is a widespread problem, as it frequently doesn't appear.
This is probably because of plugin conflicts but who's going to bother debugging reCaptcha? That's their job. Alas, since a lot of people use firefox, that means reCaptcha is out of the question.

Your regular component works fine with secureImage2, so I think it's an Ajax problem. But the stylesheets needed a lot of mods to get this into a format I liked and I thought the ajax app would be an easier solution.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8589 by blue_Shift
I'm switching back to your full app, but though it's sending, it's not bringing up the custom html redirect I (thought) I created. Instead, I'm getting a variation of the original default template... whereas i would like to stay on the same page, or my own very similar page.

however, small quibble. It's working!

(i notice in FF I need to hit send twice, once to accept the validation code, a second time to send the message. Chrome recognizes the match and one onely needs to hit the send button the one time.)

12 years 5 months ago #8590 by douglas
Dear blue_Shift,

In Contact Enhanced Module, if you want to stay on the same page, set the module Advanced Option "Action After submit" to Javascript Alert if you want to load the same page;

Best regards,

12 years 5 months ago #8591 by blue_Shift
I tried that, but for some reason, nothing at all happened (in either FF or Chrome). Is there something I neglected to configure?