Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

form will not submit: spinning

12 years 2 months ago #9545 by szlema
Hi could you take a look and see what you think the problem is? I can't get the form to submit, and the wheel just keeps on spinning.

shopgreenmarket.com/contact-us.html

Thank you -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #9546 by douglas
Dear szlema,

There is a 500 Internal Server Error on this page below, please contact your web hosting provider and ask them to view the error logs in order to find out what's wrong.
shopgreenmarket.com/modules/mo..._contact/ajax.php?module_id=95

Best regards,

12 years 2 months ago #9548 by szlema
Hi,
Here's what the hosting company had to say:

The error log doesn't appear to show anything regarding this page. The permissions are also correct, and this leads me to believe that it's an issue with the script itself that is running. If you are able to increase debugging output for your script, please let us know and I'll be happy to check the logs again.

How do you suggest I proceed?
Thanks -

12 years 2 months ago #9549 by douglas
Dear szlema,

That's very strange because 500 Internal Errors usually add an entry to the servers error log and it is usually related to file permissions.

Can you please follow their instructions and set the Error Reporting to maximum in Joomla Global Configuration?

Are you using the latest version of the Joomla and Ajax Contact?

Best regards,

12 years 2 months ago #9550 by szlema
Yeah, I agree.

It's Joomla 1.525, updated last week, and I just downloaded the contact module today.

I adjusted the debugging. Should I send you the output? I would send it via email.

Thanks so much for this excellent customer service!

Cheers -

12 years 2 months ago #9551 by douglas
Dear szlema,

It seems to be working when you enabled debug, which is very strange.
have you changed anything else?
Does it work if you disable debug?

Best regards,

12 years 2 months ago #9552 by szlema
Hi there,
So, here's what I know. I changed the debugging and I also checked with the hosting service to make sure they had looked at the right link (I had also given them a link to the contact web page).

They wrote back and said they changed the permissions and no longer see the error. Let me know if you want the details and I'll email them to you off the forum.

New Issues:

There are a couple of weird things happening now with question marks in the emails and bullet points on the contact page.

•Enter a message•

and the email heading: ??Douglas sent a message via ShopGreenMarket.com??

and then inside the email:

1. more ?? and

2. •Browser•: Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1

Any thoughts on this? Are the symbol issues in the email and on the page related?

Thanks!
Jenn

12 years 2 months ago #9553 by douglas
Dear Jenn,

The error was related to the file permission then.

As for the question marks and the • you just have to disable the Language debug in Joomla Global Configuration;

Best regards,

12 years 2 months ago #9554 by szlema
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm good now. Thanks! I'm excited to use this module on my other sites.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #11374 by cyrus.antonius
Hi,

I am facing the same problem on the website www.heraldland.net/contact

Could you please look into it...

11 years 10 months ago #11376 by douglas
Dear Cyrus,

You are not using the Email Custom Field Type and not simply the Text field with email validation. That option was created as a custom job for another user who wanted to ask users for a secondary email address.

For some reason I cannot see the javascript ajax post in FireBug console. Can you disable that right click blocker for testing purposes?

Also, please use the regular label option for testing purposes. The label inside the fields are not recommended by Human-Computer Interaction guidelines and I've only added this option because some users requested.

Best regards,