Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Anonymous@user.com

11 years 5 months ago #12854 by jaycfc123007
Hi Douglas,

Please see attached screenshot in regards anonymous@user.com. Any ideas how this is being generated and how we could remove it.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #12855 by douglas
Dear James,

1. You just need to change the Name Custom Field in order to use the Name Custom Field Type;

2. If you want to hide selected custom fields to the recipient, I advise you to use the HTML Email Templates, this way you can choose which information to display:
idealextensions.com/joomla-ext...s/75-html-template-system.html

Best regards,

11 years 5 months ago #12857 by jaycfc123007
Hi Douglas,

The custom field "name" was set to "name" and it gives the Anonymous@user.com. I changed it to "textfield" but still received Anonymous user.

thanks

11 years 5 months ago #12858 by douglas
Dear James,

That's odd. If it is set to Name it should not give that Anonymous@user.com.

Are you using the latest version? if so, can you please create a full backup and provide administrator access, so I can test it?

Best regards,

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #12868 by jaycfc123007
Hi Douglas,

Please login at:-

www.mecmesin.com/administrator/

EDIT: Removed Password

Thanks in advance.

11 years 5 months ago #12871 by douglas
Dear James,

There are quite a few Name fields in the Custom Field Manager and there are at least 4 that are set to use Text Custom Field:
www.mecmesin.com/administrator...ustomfields&filter_search=Name

Can you please change it to Name Custom Field type and let me know if the problem persists.

All the best,

10 years 7 months ago #15467 by safeworld
Hi Doug we are getting this problem with anonymous coming up in emails sent to our contacts
Actually what is happening is that we are have a Firstname Field which is a text field and a surname field which is a surname field
So the emails to our contacts are coming look like this as an example
Anonymous User Osman (email address)

From what you have said earlier in this thread the name field is what is used to show the name of the sender in an email.

But we aren't using a name field because we want to have both the First Name and Surname of the person who fills in the form - seperated - so we can reply back Dear Firstname

Is there anyway round this so we can show the 'customers' First Name and Surname in the email address?

Thanks so much

Andrew

I just love good customer service

10 years 7 months ago #15470 by douglas
Dear Andrew,

You need to have a Name Custom Field Type, otherwise you will always get that.

Workaround: Add a Name Custom Field type, set it to hide the field and the make it non required. You might need to add a space in the CF value.

Best regards,

10 years 7 months ago #15473 by safeworld
Thanks Doug!
Early in my day so forgive a stupid question.
If nothing was in the Name field as you suggest - ie it was blank - then wouldn't we get the same problem?

best

Andrew

10 years 7 months ago #15474 by douglas
Dear Andrew,

If there is a blank space in the value field, then it will use a space instead of the Name and it will use the Lastname only.

Best regards,

10 years 7 months ago #15476 by safeworld
Out of interests sake which file is it which grabs the 'name field' for emails - was wondering wether I could reprogramme it?

A

10 years 7 months ago #15477 by douglas
Dear Andrew,

File:
/components/com_contactenhanced/controllers/contact.php
Line:
$this->emailInfo->name			= (JRequest::getVar( 'name') ? JRequest::getVar( 'name')	: ($user->get('name') 	? $user->get('name') 	: JText::_('Anonymous User')));

Best regards,