Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Form floats to the top of the page

11 years 5 days ago #14161 by ervale
Hi,
The form on this page belongs to the module on the right, however it floats in mobile view to the top of the page,and off the module, it also floats on other pages. please take a look
www.sunshinecoastwebdesign.com.au/index.php/contact-us
Regards
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 days ago #14162 by douglas
Dear Dave,

I only see a problem when I click on the Feedback tab, that's the reason why I've added an option in the Plugin to hide it when viewed in mobile devices.

I advise you to enable that option.

Best regards,

11 years 5 days ago #14163 by ervale
Hi Douglas,
The contact form link floats when viewed in my iphone, i have added a pic to show what it looks like, as you can see the cce form link has floated up to the top when scrolling down the page.
Attachments:

11 years 5 days ago #14165 by douglas
Dear Dave,

There seems to be an incompatibility with your template.

Which Joomla version are you using?

Best regards,

10 years 11 months ago #14313 by ervale
Hi Douglas,
Sorry for the slow delay,
Joomla! 3.0.4 Stable
I have tried on other sites and different templates and the same result,
I tried the form on a template from www.feellove.eu/extensions
Still the same.
I would like a fix please, :)
Regards
Dave

10 years 11 months ago #14318 by douglas
Dear Dave,

I have sent a fix to your email.

I have spend a few hours trying to implement the fix using the jquery Bootstrap script, however it's modal window is not only not responsive compatible, but is also missing some CSS styling and options.

Best regards,

10 years 8 months ago #15062 by kanga77
Hi Douglas

I think this is the most relevant topic I've found on your forums...

Is the modal window which loads on clicking the "Feedback" tab responsive?

When I click on the feedback tab for test.itinerail.com (and indeed on your site) from Mobile screen sizes (e.g. 320 x 480 or 480 x 800), the form does not resize and is therefore only partially visible, and impossible to fill out.

I note that there is an option to disable the feedback tab when viewed in mobile devices, but I would really like my visitors to be able to leave feedback also when viewing from such devices, if possible.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Tim

Joomla 2.5.8
Contact Enhanced 2.5.15

10 years 8 months ago #15063 by douglas
Dear Tim,

Joomla is now using another Javascript Library called jQuery and the Twitter Bootstrap which adds responsive features to Joomla. Therefore I have spend a few hours trying to implement the Modal window using the jQuery Bootstrap script, however its modal window is not only not responsive, but is also missing some CSS styling and options.

I've searched the web for a responsive modal window script, and I only found one gallery script that would need too much modification and I did not know if it was reliable or not, so I decided to wait until the Bootstrap modal window is responsive.

Good news, I have just checked and Bootstrap 3 will have responsive modal windows, you can check it for yourself:
getbootstrap.com/javascript/#modals

Now we will just wait until Joomla includes Bootstrap version 3 in the source code. This might take a few versions, since Bootstrap is still on Release Candidate (RC1) version.

I hope you understand.

PS: Please keep your Joomla version updated in order to avoid hackers and security problems. Your Joomla version is way too old.

Best regards,

10 years 8 months ago #15064 by kanga77
Hi Douglas

Thanks very much for your super quick response.

I understand. I think the easiest thing is if I just disable the feedback tab for mobile devices, and wait until Bootstrap version 3 code has been implemented into the Joomla core.

Perhaps if you could let me know when this has happened, so that I can enable the feedback tab for mobile devices?

Kind regards

Tim

PS yes I will update my Joomla version as soon as I can. And one of these days (when I have around 10 hours free to deal with all be bugs and issues that always seem to arise!) I will try to upgrade the site to Joomla 3...

10 years 5 months ago #15880 by lakesentrance
Wouldn't the solution to non-responsive form (via Feedback tab) to make the form only 320-420 pixels wide.
thus, it'll fit in width of any mobile platform in portrait view...
That's what i do with all my forms ... make them single column and keep the width tight if theyre needed on mobile.